McIntosh MC 240

barter, sell, and trade here first

McIntosh MC 240

Postby kingmatt » Fri May 11, 2012 8:53 pm

As much as I hate to do this, I am offering my McIntosh MC 240 for sale. As you can see in the attached photos, this is amp is in excellent condition, with bright and shiny chrome (oh so hard to photograph in a flattering manner), silkscreening that is about as nice as one could hope for, a fresh set of NOS matched tubes with less than 40 hours on them (GE black plates and assorted small signal tubes). All of the resistors, capacitors and under-chassis wring are original and unmolested, all switches and controls operate silently as they should, and no unusual buzzing or other transformer problems exist. This amp spent most of its tenure in my collection connected to some Bozak low-boys, and I have to say, this thing (paired with a Fisher 400 preamp) has some absolutely jaw-dropping performance. It will remain hooked up for demonstration if anyone is local and wants to hear it. If you have any questions you'd like instant answers to, feel free to call me at 414-447-7500.

There are only two minor downsides that I have been able to nit pick: one input jack has been replaced at some point in the past, and there is no tube cage that goes with the amp (I personally enjoy the glow of tubes).

The amp is located in the Mt. Mary neighborhood of Milwaukee. I'd be happy to have any interested buyer over for an extensive demonstration. I'm asking $2850 but will entertain reasonable offers. I would highly prefer the buyer coming to pick the amp up in person (I HATE shipping damage claims and you will too!), but if you do want the amp shipped, it will be done at your cost and at your risk. I don't need to mention that this thing is heavy and tubes are fragile, so think long and hard about trusting UPS or USPS with your new baby. In the end, though, it is your decision. Thanks for looking!

kingmatt

Return to preBay