Wanted 1 Push Pull 6BQ5 Audio Transformer

barter, sell, and trade here first

Postby Ty_Bower » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:45 am

I have something. It is stamped 95-1625 and 343832 on the open frame. It stands about 2.25" tall by 1.875" wide. The winding is about 1.75" thick. The whole thing weighs fifteen ounces.

Primary winding is push pull, about 208 ohms from each plate to center (416 plate to plate). There are no UL taps on the primary winding.

It appears to have two secondary windings. The longer one is green to grey, and measures about 35 ohms. The shorter one is bare to yellow, and measures about 1.2 ohms. I haven't put a signal on the primary to measure the ratios. Someone once explained what the extra winding was for, but I can't remember now. Might have been some kind of feedback scheme.

The leads are old and cloth covered. Some of them are on the short side - maybe three inches at most. You might need to solder on some extensions.

Any interest? I'm in Newark, DE 19711.

Edit... I stuck a 11 VAC wall wart on the primary side, plate to plate. I got 0.99 VAC out the green/grey winding and 0.23 VAC out the bare/yellow winding. Does that make any sense?

Double edit... It appears today's test just re-confirmed what I had measured a year and a half ago:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthre ... did=103552
"It's a different experience; the noise occlusion, crisp, clear sound, and defined powerful bass. Strong bass does not corrupt the higher frequencies, giving a very different overall feel of the sound, one that is, in my opinion, quite unique."
Ty_Bower
KT88

Postby Sal Brisindi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:11 am

Yes, I am interested. PM sent. Its the identical transformer that belongs to the main chassis amplifier that had a replacement transformer. I can swap out that transformer and put the transformer I removed from the main chassis to the remote speaker chassis.

The other secondary goes to the "presence" control varying the feedback.

Thanks,
Sal
Sal Brisindi
KT88

Return to preBay