A Few DHT-SET Circuit Boards For Sale

the thermionic watercooler

A Few DHT-SET Circuit Boards For Sale

Postby jwhitmor » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:48 am

I needed a few more Get-SET-Go circuit boards, but there are none to be purchased. Since I have designed PC boards for 40 years, I decided to do my own. It uses the Parks Audio G-S-G circuit, but I figured the actual board design is Shannon's intellectual property. As for the circuit, tube audio is inbred. We constantly use ideas from other designers, all the way back to D.T.N. Williamson, and the other greats. The important point is: This is NOT a business venture for me. I designed a board, and when I sent it out to be fabricated, one board was $320, or ten boards were $398. I ordered 10 boards, and am selling the eight I do not need, only to recover my costs. When this batch is gone, there will not be any more. Buy one, or buy them all while you can.

The board dimensions are the same as the Park's original. The tube locations are the same. The parts and terminal strip locations are different. I have swapped my board into an original G-S-G case build. The only thing that I had to change was the length of the "off board" wiring. I designed the PCB for reliability, and low noise. Two sided, heavy, FRP with plated through holes. The component side is silk screened with part numbers, and in most cases, the part value. The original parts list, and bill of materials, will still work as before with one exception. Capacitors “C8” & “C9” were CDE snap-in lead caps, but need to be radial wire lead caps on my board. Mouser part # 647-UPT2W121MRD or equal will fit. There are pads for a second power supply choke instead of R17A & R17B, if you think another choke will be an upgrade. If you buy an additional 2 position terminal strip, it will fit in those pads.

Socket V2 for the 6AX5 rectifier, is designed to also be, “plug in ready” for a 6BY5(G)(A) tube. The 6BY5 is a low voltage drop, damper service rectifier, that raises the design B+ voltage to ~ 350 VDC. Using the higher B+ allows custom designs that can handle increased plate dissipation, for higher power output.

The boards are top quality. They work exactly as they should. How do they sound? At least as good as the ones they replace. If you like the G-S-G single ended, directly heated triode, tube amplifier concept, then this may be your last chance to build on a PCB.

I do not need any flames. It is a compliment to Shannon Parks that I wanted more of his design.

I will ship one board anywhere in the 48 state continental USA for $48.00 (which includes shipping). If you want more than one, I can combine shipping costs. Send a private message to me, for PayPal payment details.

Shannon, Tom, If you need to, delete this posting.
Attachments
PCB GSG_1.jpg
PCB GSG_1.jpg (614.18 KiB) Viewed 18061 times
If it is not making X-rays, your B+ is too low.
jwhitmor

Re: A Few DHT-SET Circuit Boards For Sale

Postby HotRod » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:55 pm

Thanks for making these available.
Great quality for sure.
Think I'm going to go with 6AV5GA tubes for this build.
HotRod

Postby jwhitmor » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:36 pm

I think The PC board will work very well for you. They were made in the United States
I only have three more to sell.
If it is not making X-rays, your B+ is too low.
jwhitmor

Postby snowstate » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:21 am

Do you have anymore boards for sale? If you do I will take ones.
snowstate

Postby DerekVa » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:55 pm

PM sent
DerekVa

Postby LMAN » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:53 pm

I built two of the Get-Set-Go's and, if these approximate their performance, then this is a bargain.
LMAN

Return to diy hifi