anyone find this board anymore?

the thermionic watercooler

anyone find this board anymore?

Postby mike567 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:32 am

has anyone found this forum?
mike567

Re: anyone find this board anymore?

Postby mpndang » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:34 pm

Wow, I accidently clicked on the wrong DIY link where I still kept this shortcut. I have talked to Shannon that he said he shutdown the forum because of spams that takes out this bandwidth. I am glad I can come back here again.

Happy new year.
mpndang

Postby vvelt » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:09 pm

I was relieved to find this back up and running after being down for a while. There's such a wealth of great information here.
vvelt

Postby jwhitmor » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:20 pm

HiFi and DIY, have been my hobbies since I first earned a check. Life intrudes, but I always come back to it. When CD's came out I was disappointed. When .MP3 files became popular, I was annoyed. Now there is some good high Def. music available. "High End" Stereo has become problematic, so I build my own, and DIYTUBE.COM is my most valuable resource.
If it is not making X-rays, your B+ is too low.
jwhitmor

Postby nyazzip » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:15 pm

wow....i thought it was gone forever!
hope everyone is doing ok
nyazzip
KT88

Postby jukingeo » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:05 am

Hello All,

I had been on a hiatus from building anything with high voltage due to having younger boys and I didn't want them to get their hands into my high voltage stuff. So now that they are older, I wanted to revisit building a tube amplifier and I came back here. This was my favorite tube hangout back in the day and it was a source of getting some nice PCB boards from Shannon Parks. Sadly upon my return here, it seems that Mr Parks isn't around, and further, he no longer is offering his boards for sale. :(. I did want to buy more Clementine boards and an Poseidon board from him for my Dynaco amplifier.

So I have a couple questions:

Does Shannon come by here anymore? (I have not seen any recent posts from him post 2016).

If 'no' to the above, and the fact that I noticed above that there are no more new members that will be allowed, I am concerned about the future of this forum. It it is eventually to be done with, there is a wealth of information here that would be lost forever.

Finally,

It seems that some of my recent messages here have seen slow responses, so I am curious if other members here have moved on to another forum. Would that be DIYAudio? Or is there another forum where recent discussions on Shannon's amp designs are held?

Thank you,
Geo
Exit Light, Enter Night, Take My Hand...We're off to Never Never Land.
jukingeo

Postby seamas » Sun May 23, 2021 6:24 pm

Still need to finish up the get*set*go.havent even started on the st35.
seamas

Postby AmadeusMozart » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:32 am

Glad that it has been reinstated. Thanks!
AmadeusMozart

Postby highflyin9 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:21 pm

I drop by and check from time to time. If you need immediate answers, DIYAudio is probably the best place to go. I'm really glad this board is still up though :)
My DIY Electronics Blog: DIYAudioBlog.com
highflyin9

Return to diy hifi