SOLD s45P-e Parallel Single Ended Amp -$600

barter, sell, and trade here first

SOLD s45P-e Parallel Single Ended Amp -$600

Postby Tlarwa » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:48 pm

$600.00. Will consider a trade for a decent 2nd turntable as well as an outright sale.

Up for sale is my hand-built, point-to-point wired, parallel single-end 6s45P-e amplifier. This amp was built by my audiophile friend and master craftsman in Michigan, who did all of the metal fabrication, woodwork and wiring. The amp utilizes a 5ar4 (slow ramp up) rectifier tube. It also uses a two-choke power supply with all metallized poly caps, and an oil-filled Obbligato cap for the first filter (for good dampening). The amp incorporates all Japanese Shinkoh 1% tantalum signal resistors, all Elna Silmicll silk-fiber cathode caps and premium 1% 5w Mills wire-wound cathode resistors. The OPT's are over-sized premium 20 watt by Transcendar. The amp utilizes cathode-biasing so no re-biasing is needed after replacing tubes. Also included in the design is a built-in AC line-filter to tame any possible EMI or RFI. Finally, the chassis utilizes 1/8" aluminum top and bottom plates and a figured sycamore plinth. Oh yeah, and all the binding posts and RCA's are by Cardas. For fun, each channel incorporates a magic-eye tube, with level adjustment, to add a little visual bling to the sonic bliss!

The amp is very "crystalline" sounding. I used it with my 95dB Mark Audio 12p-based Super Pensils with great success. It easily filled my 12'x17' listening room with all the volume I needed! That said, if you're looking to drive your 88dB Polks to ear splitting levels, it's probably not the amp for you! But if you're after crystal clear, involving sound through your full-range or high efficiency speakers (Klipschorns or LaScalas, anyone?), this could be just the ticket.

I will include all power, rectifier and magic eye tubes, plus some spares I have that are intended for this amp. I can also include a decent, generic power cord if needed. The amp weighs about 50 pounds, so I'd rather a local pick-up or delivery if possible (I'm in SE WI). That said, I can ship if necessary, and will charge actual shipping costs. Please add 3% to cover PP fees.

My picture files are apparently too big, so please PM me and I'll email you a bunch, both external and internal. Or, check out a few at least at these links:
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab65 ... b6a650.jpg
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab65 ... b71f04.jpg
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab65 ... 7ab267.jpg
Last edited by Tlarwa on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tlarwa

Re: FS/FT: 6s45P-e Parallel Single Ended Amp - excellent bui

Postby Geek » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:48 pm

Pretty unit. Good luck! (y)
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Postby Tlarwa » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:51 pm

Bumping. And widening out my trade bait offer. I could use a good DAC, preferably one that I can use with my iDevices (Arcam rdac, etc.). Or a DAC and dock combo. Of equal value, of course. Still up for another table too! The amp is sitting idle, and it is lonely :(
Tlarwa

Postby Tlarwa » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:53 am

Christmas bump! I'll split shipping costs in the CONUS...
Tlarwa

Re: Price Drop! s45P-e Parallel Single Ended Amp -$600

Postby Tlarwa » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:01 am

Bump for final price drop to $600 + split shipping in CONUS.
Tlarwa

Return to preBay