Drill locations

arduino based linestage using 12B4 tubes

Drill locations

Postby Ludwig » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi all,

I've cut out the drill locations template and superimposed it onto the chassis front plate, but there is about 1cm at each end which the template doesn't cover. Is this correct?
Ludwig

Re: Drill locations

Postby jwhitmor » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:27 am

Ludwig,
Check the printed dimensions on your printed paper template with a tape measure. The dimension labeled 10" should measure 10" on your paper template (other dimensions - etc.). If it does not, then you cannot use your printed template to mark the drill locations. Some things to try: print the template with "landscape" selected using A4 or U.S. letter size paper (or larger). Check the scaling option for the printer. It should be set to: "off" or "100%". Do not use "shrink to fit", "scale to page", "page protection", or anything similar.
If it is not making X-rays, your B+ is too low.
jwhitmor

Postby Ludwig » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:32 am

Thanks mate, I'll check.
It is odd as the template I used is the one Shannon sent with the pcb, so I thought perhaps it isn't meant to fit exactly?
Ludwig

Postby jwhitmor » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:03 pm

I received the printed documentation from Shannon with my Budgie Tube Preamplifier PCB also, so I just checked the drill guide with my dial calapers and it is about 2% too big to use directly. My 10" dimension measured 10.22". This is not unusual in a document that has been reproduced on a copy machine. There are only three holes to drill, so it may be faster to just measure the locations on the box, mark them, second check them, and drill.
If it is not making X-rays, your B+ is too low.
jwhitmor

Postby Ludwig » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:13 am

Thanks - found the issue. The metric drill template was a little small, but the imperial one fits perfectly. Cheers for the help.
Ludwig

Postby Shannon Parks » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:16 pm

My apologies, guys! IIRC, those weren't meant as "to scale" drawings. I should mark that on there.

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Return to budgie preamplifier