photos of ST70 board installed

knowledge base for the classic Dynaco ST70

photos of ST70 board installed

Postby tubes4hifi » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:36 am

I haven't seen photos of the new ST70 board installed so I thought I'd post a few if I can remember how to do it.
Since the board is the exact size of the original it went in easy and was easy to connect since the connections are marked the same as the original, it took about 40 minutes total to remove the old and install the new, probably an hour for a beginner. Of course it worked perfectly on power-up, and I didn't even have to change the bias settings as they were still correct.

Image (alt+p)
Image (alt+p)
Image (alt+p)

Roy
www.tubes4hifi.com
tubes4hifi

Re: photos of ST70 board installed

Postby Shannon Parks » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:24 pm

tubes4hifi wrote:I haven't seen photos of the new ST70 board installed so I thought I'd post a few if I can remember how to do it.
Since the board is the exact size of the original it went in easy and was easy to connect since the connections are marked the same as the original, it took about 40 minutes total to remove the old and install the new, probably an hour for a beginner. Of course it worked perfectly on power-up, and I didn't even have to change the bias settings as they were still correct.

Thanks for the pictures and report, Roy!

Folks, note the criss-crossed wires running to the EL34s. I discovered I had my phases swapped during the prototype phase but worried about doing any re-layout work on the PCB as it all worked well. I finally ended up just changing the silkscreen numbering. I plan to make special note of it in the step by step instructions. Other than that twist, it is all a pretty simple affair.

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

new DIY ST70 stuffed board for sale

Postby tubes4hifi » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:15 am

OK, I've played with it for a couple weeks.
I bought this new PCB just so I could continue to say I've tried them all and heard them all. Kudos to Shannon for another great project.
But this one is for sale, I've got too many amps and too many projects, so this is is available to the first person with $75, includes premium grade parts, see the photos in my first post - 716P 600v OJ caps, not the lesser 715P type at 400v. Absolutely like new and works perfect. Tubes not included at this price but add $25 for 3 brand new JJs if you'd like.
Price includes free shipping - it's a real bargain and a great upgrade.
ONE only !!!! First come first serve!
Tubes4HiFi
roymottram@yahoo.com
tubes4hifi

Return to st70