2008 Tampa Bay Hamfest

give a link, or take a link

2008 Tampa Bay Hamfest

Postby thetubecenter.com » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:09 am

A friendly reminder. We will be attending the Tampa Bay Hamfest December 6th - 7th.

The Tampa Bay Hamfest is the largest amateur radio trade show on Florida's west coast. The Manatee Civic Center has numerous amenities including premium meeting facility space, a large exhibit hall, and free paved parking.

The Manatee Civic Center in is Palmetto, across the river from Bradenton, which in located in the south Tampa Bay Area - about halfway between downtown St. Petersburg and downtown Sarasota.

The Tampa Bay Hamfest is held at the Manatee County Convention and Civic Center in Palmetto.

The address is 1 Haben Blvd. The Civic Center is located at the northeast corner of Haben Blvd and US 301. This is just north of the Manatee River and downtown Bradenton.

The Civic Center is located about three miles west of exit 224 (old 43) on Interstate 75. Go west on US-301 (also known as 10th Street) take a left on Haben Blvd (there is a sign directing you to turn for the Manatee Civic Center.) Follow Haben Blvd until you reach the Civic Center.

From Pinellas and West Pasco County take Interstate 275 south across the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, and exit at US-19 Exit 5 (old 2) and continue south. After US-19 ends when it merges into US-41, watch for the US-41/Business US-41 split. Stay on US-41 (left fork.) When you go over US-301, take the next left, Haben Blvd. and the civic center is on your left. The Civic Center is five miles south of the southern toll bridge on Sunshine Skyway.

For more info on the Hamfest please visit: http://www.fgcarc.org/

So if you are planning on attending this event, and are looking for a particular product let us know and we will save you on the shipping and bring it down to the show with us. We bring down a large assortment of the products that are available on our website at http://www.thetubecenter.com - so let us know what ya need and we will hopefully see some of you there.

Please come say hello to us if your out there.

Thank You,
The Tube Center Webmaster (chris)
http://www.thetubecenter.com
thetubecenter.com

Postby WA4SWJ » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:06 pm

I'll be there on Saturday. No specific requirements, but might buy some sockets and other miscellaneous tubes. I've purchased things before from you guys so who knows what I'll find.

If you have 300B's I might get some, but I'm not interested in the $1200 NOS tubes from Western Electric.

Hope you do well at the 'fest!

Regards,
Ed Long
WA4SWJ
KT88

Postby Shannon Parks » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:29 am

Hamfests are the best. Thermion and I scored a Rubbermaid tub of around hundred 1625s in Peoria a couple months ago for $60. We are still beam-ing. Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_16
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Postby EWBrown » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:56 am

That's a batter deal than the dozen $4 each NOS NIB 1625s that I "scored" at NEAR-fest last October.

Middle of next year, I should be in NC full time. Got an "offer that I couldn't refuse" from my previous employer, so I have temporarily come out of semi-retirement... That will help the void that the crashing stock markets and economy has caused. Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_21

/ed B in NH / NC
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby thetubecenter.com » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:15 am

WA4SWJ wrote:I'll be there on Saturday. No specific requirements, but might buy some sockets and other miscellaneous tubes. I've purchased things before from you guys so who knows what I'll find.

If you have 300B's I might get some, but I'm not interested in the $1200 NOS tubes from Western Electric.

Hope you do well at the 'fest!

Regards,

Did you get a chance to stop by and talk to Stan & Stephanie? Hope you did, I'm sure they would have appreciated the hello. Plus Stan just loves to talk about tubes.

Hope you had a good time!

Thanks,
thetubecenter.com

Postby thetubecenter.com » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:18 am

separks wrote:Hamfests are the best. Thermion and I scored a Rubbermaid tub of around hundred 1625s in Peoria a couple months ago for $60. We are still beam-ing. Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_16

Hamfests certainly are fun, and you can certainly find some steals if you get there early enough. But that seems to be the key you have to get there early.

Thanks,
thetubecenter.com

Postby thetubecenter.com » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:21 am

EWBrown wrote:That's a batter deal than the dozen $4 each NOS NIB 1625s that I "scored" at NEAR-fest last October.

Middle of next year, I should be in NC full time. Got an "offer that I couldn't refuse" from my previous employer, so I have temporarily come out of semi-retirement... That will help the void that the crashing stock markets and economy has caused. Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_21

/ed B in NH / NC

Hi Ed,

Stock market and economy is certainly tough these days. I wish you the best with your previous employer and your coming out of retirement. Hopefully the market and economy turn around here shortly, though it seems they are still a ways off from a solution to the multiple crisis we have in this country and globally.

Thanks,
thetubecenter.com

Return to links