John Broskie's Aikido PCB's

give a link, or take a link

John Broskie's Aikido PCB's

Postby lth1 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:51 pm

I have just finished one of the three PCB's line amplifers that I purchased from John Broskie; the mono Octal boards with Aikido attenuator. This preamp and GSG amp are a stunning combination.

http://glass-ware.stores.yahoo.net/newhardware.html

The 6SN7 Aikido version is one of the best preamps that I have heard in my second system. It has bested a Audible Illusions Modulus 3 (w/cap upgrade) and a McCormack RLD-1 preamp; I have not compared it to the upgraded Bottlehead Foreplay III in my main system, should be an interesting experiment.

The board are very high quality. This is probably the best bang for the buck in a preamp that I have seen. John did not have the kits when I purchased my boards, I definitely would recommend the kits over the individual boards. For a novice like myself with the boards there were too many decisions to be made; tubes, resistors and cap values, etc. With the kits these decisions are made for you but one still has all the options that this designs offers.

The only downside is communication after purchase, but with the kit this is not needed, another reason for recommending the kit. If you know what you are doing then the boards would be just fine.

Plus, John's Tube Cad Journal is just full of information, but not for the faint of heart like me, was over my head.

Lee Hankins
lth1

Return to links