Anyone tried these transformers?

a fine line between stupid and clever

Anyone tried these transformers?

Postby Newbietube » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi all, as the topic suggests has anyone tried inmadout transformers? www.inmadout.com. it's all guitar amp stuff but at considerably lower prices than a lot of other suppliers (here in the UK at least). Was wondering if anyone's used any of them and what the quality was like.
Any insight would be great before spending on a big project.
Cheers Just
Newbietube

Re: Anyone tried these transformers?

Postby Geek » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:38 pm

A fellow brought one to an audiofest and we measured it in a typical circuit at something like 100Hz to 9KHz. An Edcor in its place did 30-25KHz without adjustment.

I have no idea what model it was, though.
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Postby Shannon Parks » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:39 am

Looks like several of their transformers are meant for guitar amps, so that might explain the limited bandwidth.

Not sure TUDR is a good model name, though.

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Postby Newbietube » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:27 am

The ones I was particularly interested in were the DR201 and DR405 replacements (power and output). I can get most things for amps up to 100watts no problem but the bigger stuff gets much more limited . So far I've got by using transformers robbed out of old amps although it worries me how reliable they will be being old and not knowing what conditions they've been stored in or what sort of life and abuse they've had so new ones are a must. I want them for building big bass amps.
Newbietube

Return to guitar amps