6JT8 Reverb loop

a fine line between stupid and clever

6JT8 Reverb loop

Postby moonbird » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:30 pm

Hoping to contact Geek with this but anyone is invited to chime in.

I found the following link in the archives to this forum:

http://geek.scorpiorising.ca/GeeK_ZonE/ ... pic=3551.0

This "test jig" looks really kool to me -- think I might build one. This thread links to another thread where details about incorporating the 6jt8-based reverb loop into an amp is located.

Unfortunately, that link is dead. Perhaps a victim of the Tone Geek site crash a while ago. Could this topic be discussed again? thx.
moonbird

Postby Geek » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:35 pm

Hello,

Yup, Tone Geeks is no more.

Best place to put this is just before the phase inverter.

Cheers!
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Postby moonbird » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:06 pm

Thx geek --

I need a little more info ---

In this case would the loop "begin" right 'after' the 5751 plate and before the dwell pot on the input and then "end" right "after" the reverb pot for the output??

Also I have a couple of old gibbs organ tanks that have 600 ohm outputs rather than 2750 ohm outputs as is normal for fender circuits? Can I use these as is because the PIs input impedence will certainly be above 600 ohm or are adjustment to the circuit needed??

Thanks very much for the response.
moonbird

Postby Geek » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi,

Actually, for going into a circuit, you can eliminate the 5751 toally and run the output of the main circuit into the "Dwell" (where the first section 5751 plate takeoff is) and run the PI input off where the 3.3Meg and 470K meet.

A 600R output will not be enough to drive it properly, but you can try it in your amp.

Cheers!
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Postby moonbird » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Gregg --

Got it -- many thx!! :))
moonbird

Return to guitar amps