Cross-talk internal to a 12AX7, trem meets preamp poorly?

a fine line between stupid and clever

Cross-talk internal to a 12AX7, trem meets preamp poorly?

Postby cartoonweirdo » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:17 am

I am thinking of building a brown bandmaster circuit (easy enough) with a reverb spliced in pre-tremolo.
The preamp stages are close enough for me to feel that a blackface fender reverb could be added before the trem network with only a small amount of tweeking.
As this circuit uses 2 and 1/2 12AX7's for the trem I was hoping to use the other half for a reverb recovery stage.
The hard part is in the layout. Due to the function of the 1/2 tube in question (Its used as a phase splitter/buffer between the oscillator and the "audio" parts of the trem network) I am worried about crosstalk between the sections of the 12AX7.
Does anyone have an idea if I need to worry about this? Obvious precautions include separating plate supplies and cathode resistors. How about grounding order in my lead dress?

Thanks for any help you can give!
Carl
cartoonweirdo

Postby erichayes » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:05 pm

I built a variant of this circuit about five years ago as part of a tremolo/dual tank reverb front end prototype. My biggest problem was finding a 10 meg pot. I used a 6AV6 for the ½ 12AX7 and didn't have any issues.
Eric in the Jefferson State
erichayes
KT88

Postby cartoonweirdo » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:09 pm

Thanks.
Carl
cartoonweirdo

Return to guitar amps