Silvertone Twin Twelve 1484 Info on rebuilding the reverb?

a fine line between stupid and clever

Silvertone Twin Twelve 1484 Info on rebuilding the reverb?

Postby crispycircuit » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:59 pm

I really enjoy good spring reverb but I can't take this amps nasty reverb! I'm looking for info from anybody that has performed a rebuilt on the circuit. Tube drive like a Traynor would be a big improvement. I figure a small pan would fit in the top of the cab (head). Some of those mini pans in Crates and Peavey's sound good enough. Any ideas/info??
crispycircuit

Postby soundmasterg » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:50 pm

I added a Fender reverb circuit and pan into one, and built a new head box to contain it. I also modified the amp considerably. I've posted some info about it at the Hoffman amps bbs. There is one post from a couple weeks ago, and some others from several years ago if you search the archives.

Greg

http://www.el34world.com/Forum/index.php

P.S. I'm directing you here because I don't want to have to type it all over again.
soundmasterg

Postby crispycircuit » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:44 pm

Thanks for the reply and info. I'm on it!...
crispycircuit

Postby soundmasterg » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:49 pm

Great! Hope you find what you need. If you still need help or have questions, feel free to PM me.

Greg
soundmasterg

Postby crispycircuit » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:58 pm

Greg thanks for helping out.... This past weekend I spent many hrs installing a Traynor MK3 reverb circuit. A 6bq5 driving a high impedance mini pan that will fit in the head nicely. It uses a half of 12ax7 for recovery and half for a 3rd gain stage. It was very time consumming and hard to shoe horn this into an exisiting circuit. To make a long story short it works great! It also makes the channnel gutsy. I did have to temporarely remove the ft face plate to install a 100k linear pot. I have some pics I'd post if can find how to use Snap Fish?? My only problem is the tremelo does NOT have the depth before the mod... A few more ends to tie up and I'm done and it cooks pretty good.... I can send pics to your email if interested....
crispycircuit

Postby soundmasterg » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:03 pm

Thanks for the offer of pics, but its ok. I don't have the free time right now to take a look at anything. Glad to hear you've got it working out though!

Greg
soundmasterg

Return to guitar amps