ST70 board hooked up

knowledge base for the classic Dynaco ST70

ST70 board hooked up

Postby MarkC » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:09 am

Hi Shannon,

I finished installing the board last night and it sounds great....Everything went smoothly...The biases set with no problems. The only thing I noticed was that when I power it up when it's cold, my right channel 12AU7 and the 12AX7 sort of 'flash' for about 1/2 second and then settle down to their normal glow. Could I have a bad cap on the right side somewhere? It doesn't do this when I power it down and back up again while it's warm. Thanks again for the board...I'm really pleased with it.

Mark
MarkC

Re: ST70 board hooked up

Postby Shannon Parks » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:34 am

MarkC wrote:The only thing I noticed was that when I power it up when it's cold, my right channel 12AU7 and the 12AX7 sort of 'flash' for about 1/2 second and then settle down to their normal glow.

Hi Mark,

Glad you like the driver board!

I'm not an expert on 'filament flash' other than this is normal and occurs on certain brands more than others. My Tungsol 12AX7's have the biggest start up flash. Here's a RAT thread that may or may not add some illumination.

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Postby MarkC » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:18 am

Hey Shannon,

I finally got around to upgrading my input jacks, binding posts, and power cord on my ST70 and have been listening to the new board for a few days now. It's the third board I've tried and it's the best. Thanks again.

Mark
MarkC

Return to st70