Dynaco ST-70, Mark II, III and IV Bias balancing kit

knowledge base for the classic Dynaco ST70

Dynaco ST-70, Mark II, III and IV Bias balancing kit

Postby Sal Brisindi » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:15 am

Dynakitparts.com just came out with a upgrade kit for your Dynaco ST-70, Mark II, Mark III and Mark IV that will allow you to balance the bias between the output tubes. You no longer need to have a matched pair.

Also as your matched pair of tubes age with use, they don't "wear out" the same so one tube will pull more current than the other and they are no longer matched. With this upgrade kit, you can simply balance the bias.

No modification to your chassis is needed for the additional balance pot. I have installed this in my ST-70 and was able to balance the bias with unmatched tubes.

Go to http://www.dynakitparts.com/store/product.aspx?id=295 for more info.

Regards,
Sal
Sal Brisindi
KT88

Postby TerrySmith » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:05 pm

That's a neat way he mounted that pot. I've never seen any "matched" tubes actually stay matched so a balance circuit is a good idea.

Speaking of balance pots, is there a single turn pot that will fit the Diy ST70 and Poseidon boards?
T. Smith
TerrySmith
KT88

Postby Geek » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:21 pm

I wonder if it's my circuit ;)

That way of mounting the pots is really interesting... no drilling required.

Cheers!
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Postby Sal Brisindi » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:01 pm

TerrySmith wrote:That's a neat way he mounted that pot. I've never seen any "matched" tubes actually stay matched so a balance circuit is a good idea.

Speaking of balance pots, is there a single turn pot that will fit the Diy ST70 and Poseidon boards?

Yes its a single turn potentiometer. The DIYtube ST-70 board has a balance pot built in, not sure of the Poseidon board.

Regards,
Sal
Sal Brisindi
KT88

Return to st70