Apology if needed

knowledge base for the classic Dynaco ST70

Apology if needed

Postby burnedfingers » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:19 pm

Earlier today I posted a thread about Triode electronics. It was by no means meant to trash them in any way shape or form. Basically I was asking about receiving partial shipment of an order and why part of my order was still on hold. I do not consider this to be any bashing in any way shape or form.

Unfortunately someone here did not appreciate my thread and sent me a message indicating the thread had been removed. I assume I offended triode electronics members here on this board. That was not my intent at all. I do however feel that some type of communication is in order and I should have received an email from them to this effect.
burnedfingers
KT88

Postby TomMcNally » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:36 am

Without going into detail, let's just say if you have a question
for a vendor, you should contact them directly, and not ask
an open question for the world to read.

Thanks

... tom
TomMcNally
Darling du Jour

Postby burnedfingers » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:00 am

Not that I agree with you at all on this subject Tom. Other boards have no problem with discussions about vendors. People need to know how they are served and their orders processed.

I will add a positive here... I contacted Triode electronics and they treated me very good. The problem was resolved and I will surely do business with them again. I am a convert now thanks to Matt and Joe.
burnedfingers
KT88

Postby K-MAN » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:07 pm

It's best not to jump to conclusions right away until you talk to them and get everything sorted out since everyone makes mistakes.
K-MAN

Postby Cygnus X1 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:42 am

Well, I had a similar problem.
I was working on a customer's amp, and needed some electrolytic caps, as well as some other supplies for other projects. The caps were the only thing I needed ASAP.
With no notification of the status, the shipment arrived with everything except the caps I needed. I called Triode, and was informed they were out of stock. I suggested a different value cap would have worked just fine, and if I had been notified by phone, or email, it could have been worked out.
So, I placed another order with Weber, about 300 dollars worth, and everything came, along with email notification that the order was filled, when I inquired to make sure.
So, the customer had to wait another 5 days while I waited for the caps to arrive.
I know where my next order is going.
Cygnus X1

Postby Sal Brisindi » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:50 pm

I have ordered multiple times from Triode Electronics and never had a problem and very happy with their service.

Sal Brisindi
Sal Brisindi
KT88

Postby burnedfingers » Thu May 01, 2008 4:53 am

Its good to know both the good and bad experiences of persons ordering from any company. This is a positive feedback for them because it lets them know where their weaknesses are if any and gives them a chance to improve on their customer skills.
burnedfingers
KT88

Postby snitch56 » Thu May 01, 2008 8:38 am

All of us have to take into consideration that Triode is a small operation with Matt being responsible for shipping, receiving, customer service, inventory, web development, logistics, accounts, etc… Stop by Triode sometime and prepared to be impressed with the amount of shipments and the size of inventory that must be dealt with. My experience has been if there is a problem with an order, Triode quickly resolves the problem with no cost to the customer.
snitch56

Postby burnedfingers » Fri May 02, 2008 4:25 am

All of us have to take into consideration that Triode is a small operation with Matt being responsible for shipping, receiving, customer service, inventory, web development, logistics, accounts, etc…

It shouldn't make any difference if a company is 100 strong or 2. Customer service and customer satisfaction should be taken seriously and every attempt should be made to satisfy a customer the first time around because there might not be a second go around. A properly run business should have the goal of making sure there are no problems with an order and to properly communicate with the customer. Anything less is unexcuseable.
burnedfingers
KT88

So...

Postby jduffy » Sat May 03, 2008 10:58 pm

Luck of the draw I guess. I've ordered several times from Triode and never a problem.

Sometimes the audio gods smile on you, sometimes they hit you with some voltage! Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_11
jduffy

Return to st70