Bias pot size question

knowledge base for the classic Dynaco ST70

Bias pot size question

Postby burnedfingers » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:31 am

I used a VTA driver board on my last Dynaco Stereo 70 amplifier and it had (4) 72-TOYP-50K pots in which to adjust individual tube bias. These seemed to do the job and worked quite well on this amplifier.

The circuit had a 10K resistor off the bias diode to the 50K pot and (2) 27K
resistors in parallel going to ground.

I noticed that Mouser doesn't stock this pot anymore. does anyone know the wattage of this small pot? Would this pot be adequate for usage in another amplifier for individual bias adjustment?

Thanks
burnedfingers
KT88

Re: Bias pot size question

Postby Bob01605 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:13 pm

burnedfingers wrote:I used a VTA driver board on my last Dynaco Stereo 70 amplifier and it had (4) 72-TOYP-50K pots in which to adjust individual tube bias. These seemed to do the job and worked quite well on this amplifier.

The circuit had a 10K resistor off the bias diode to the 50K pot and (2) 27K
resistors in parallel going to ground.

I noticed that Mouser doesn't stock this pot anymore. does anyone know the wattage of this small pot? Would this pot be adequate for usage in another amplifier for individual bias adjustment?

Thanks

Hi,

In place of that blue pot with the white control that is not made anymore you may use the Vishay/Spectral pot from Mouser which is Mouser part # 594-63P503. They are tan in color instead of blue but work just fine.

Bob Latino
Bob Latino Custom Dynaco amplifiers

http://www.tubes4hifi.com/bob.htm
Bob01605

Return to st70