My 2 new latest Dynaco ST-70's

knowledge base for the classic Dynaco ST70

My 2 new latest Dynaco ST-70's

Postby Sal Brisindi » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:19 pm

My 2 latest Dynaco ST-70's finally arrived after 1 month. I created a quick web page to show you what I got. The 2 cages have holes on top, I wonder if that was to adjust the bias. Someone must have cut the hole as my other 2 ST-70's are hole free...

Check them out at http://www.tuberadios.com/newst70/

I have to clean and polish them and the usual recapping. All the tubes are Realistic lifetime tubes as you can see on my web page.

Regards,
Sal Brisindi
Sal Brisindi
KT88

Postby EWBrown » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:30 am

I have been told by a very reliable source that Rat Shack still honors the "Lifetime" tube guarantee. Friend of mine took four dead RS "Lifetime" 7951s to them, and they eventually sent him four replacement 7591s, from AES (with whom they have an arrangement).

Only problem, was that the four NOS replacement 7951s were all different brands, and were seriously mis-matched.

But then, essentially "free" tubes are still a good thing Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_01 Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_02 Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_04

Oh, yeah, those holes in the cage tops were a rather crude "mod", someone was too doggone lazy to remove the top cover when they were fiddling with the bias. Probably an overzealous "tweaker"... Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_09 :o

/ed B in NH
Last edited by EWBrown on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby TerrySmith » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:55 am

I've got a 5AR4 Realistic lifetime tube I got out of an old Heathkit carcass. It's not broken, but lost it's vacuum somehow, I might bring it back and see what they say! And I don't have a receipt. Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_21
T. Smith
TerrySmith
KT88

Postby EWBrown » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:20 am

It's like the old Craftsman tools, Sears used to (and may stii) replace any broken or damaged Craftsman tool.

Including the busted up and rusty ones that can be found for cheap at yard sales and flea markets Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_06

/ed b in NH

Hmmm, is Maryville TN, located near Deal's Gap (AKA THe Tail of the Dragon) ?
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Return to st70