Edcor Transformers?

knowledge base for the classic Dynaco ST70

Edcor Transformers?

Postby dentube » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:05 pm

I'm kind of new to the forum business, but I thought it might be a good way to gather some info on questions that concern vacuum tubes and vacuum tube circuitry. I have not been able to find out very much about Edcor transformers. They are resonably priced and seem to have fairly good specs. Has anyone had personal use or listening experience with Edcor?? I have a circuit I am attempting to build that utilizes 807's in push-pull and it calls for some 10k output transformers. I am not impressed with Hammond and most other tranformers really get up their in cost. So what might be the best "bang" for your buck in the transformer category? I know the supply of reasonably priced good performing transformers really isn't there. Any insight on the subject??

Dennis
dentube

Postby sorenj07 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:16 pm

I built an amp recently that uses CXPP60-MS-6.6K's and EL34's. It sounds quite excellent. I also just now finished an amp that uses CXPP25-8-7.6K's with 6P14P's and also sounds pretty clear. The only other tube amp I've listened to is an Audiomat Prélude but it was on a different system that blows mine out of the water. In short: they're a good value for the money, and you should go for it! besides, they have these sweet "MADE IN USA" stickers.
sorenj07
KT88

Edcor transformers

Postby dentube » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:02 pm

Hello Sorenj,

Thanks for your reply. I don't have much info on Edcor, but what little I have heard has not been fantastic, but yet again it has not been too bad either and the price is right. I may just try a couple of the CXPP60-8-10k transformers. I too, like the idea of a made in USA product. I just wish there were more good USA vintage re-make products out there to purchase. Thanks again!

Dennis
dentube

Return to st70