FA Aluminum tube amp chassis with IEC Socket

barter, sell, and trade here first

FA Aluminum tube amp chassis with IEC Socket

Postby Jerryz1963 » Sun May 11, 2014 1:09 pm

Some of you may remember Brian. When he lost his shop, we all lost a cost-effective source for chassis. We are offering brand new, made in America, chassis nearly identical to what Brian offered. They are made in a professional fabrication shop. I personally have used them for guitar and stereo amps.
Available sizes are (in inches) 19, 17, 16, 15. All are 8 inches wide and 2 inches deep.
Coming soon: Marshall amp sizes, 6-1/2 inches wide and 2-3/4 inches deep, varying lengths.
Options: Any chassis can have an IEC socket prefitted, allowing use of a standard computer power cable.
Prices: Range from 26.99 to 31.99, depending on options.
I offer discounts to anyone who wants to work outside of Feebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221434588098?ss ... 1555.l2649

CUSTOM SIZES are a possibility. Feedback is welcome so we can tailor availability to the community's needs.

COMING VERY SOON: Kits for hi-fi, complete stereo amps, and complete guitar amps, in that order.

RE KITS: We will not offer bargain basement. We WILL offer better sound than you have seen in kits and at a better price. So, no EL84. For the same money, you can get a better sounding and more powerful kit amp. Here's what my first client had to say at the end of his build (his old amp was an EL84)

"Sonically however, they're like night and day. The EL34s are brighter and the bass tighter and more articulate. I never knew snare drums had ummm, sustain? No longer do snare drums sound like "splat", but more like "SNAPssssss" with a touch of reverb. Bass guitar notes are a new experience as well, they're definitely tighter and more controlled with a buttery smoothness. Rush's "YYZ" from Moving Pictures and Boz Scaggs' "Lido Shuffle" are two of my favorite test tunes and don't fail to impress.

Yea, I'd say that the bass has met my expectations - it's certainly tighter and more controlled....

I'm quite proud of what you've helped me build, and I show it off to everyone I can. I've resisted posting to the forums as I know it would lead to a lot of probing questions and schematic requests. A great part of this amp is your intellectual property and I respect that..."
Jerryz1963

Return to preBay