Edcore transfomer set for a St70 including choke (SOLD)

barter, sell, and trade here first

Re: Edcore transfomer set for a St70 including choke (SOLD)

Postby WA4SWJ » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:46 am

Hi Terry,

Transformers arrived yesterday. Thanks!
Ed Long
WA4SWJ
KT88

Postby WA4SWJ » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:10 am

Guys,

I learned just this morning from Terry's wife that he passed away suddenly on June 26th. I did not know Terry other than through this transaction, but it still came as quite a shock nonetheless. I'm sorry to hear we have lost another tube enthusiast.

Regards,
Ed Long
WA4SWJ
KT88

Postby Geek » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 am

Oh no! =:o

I only met him last month through email. I don't know how he found me, but wanted to sell Dynaco transformers. Being summer time, commissions and sales are few and far between, so I sent him here as the most likely place to make that happen.

It was nice to know of an audio enthusiast nearby and a friendly fellow at that. Most enthusiasts in my area hide in caves and want no social contact of any sort.

RIP Terry :(
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Postby WA4SWJ » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:05 am

Gregg,

I don't know how close you are to his location but his widow may need some assistance with disposal of his equipment. She told me he has a lot of stuff in his workroom. Don't know if you're interested or not and she did not ask specifically for help but she did ask that if I wanted anything else to let her know. Of course I have no idea what he has.

Her name is Marilyn and she can be reached at his e-mail. Even though I don't know them it would be great if we could somehow help with equipment disposal for her benefit.

Regards,
Ed Long
WA4SWJ
KT88

Postby Geek » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:38 am

I'm about 2H east of him.

Alas, I can't afford the trip let alone get his widow some quid.

If anyone wants some info on the man and his legacy, I dug up whilst Googling for his obit (if it's printed, it's behind a paywall and not Googleable).

Some info from Amp Garage:
Dynaco sold Dynakits (for the home builder), The first person to come with stuffing a Dynaco circuit in an amp idea was a keyboard player in a band in Vancouver named Terry Coan, who later owned a radio and TV repair shop. He was good electronics technician building up Dynas and jamming in a little 12AX7 preamp on that small chassis and he had another guy building 1 and 2x15 cabs with JBLs. Some of the amps he had the chassis chrome plated if you wanted to pay for it. Coan made quite a few of these and also built up small portable organs that has a unique sound.

His former band:
http://pnwbands.com/viscounts.html

And his electronics shop:
http://cgmelectronics.com
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Previous

Return to preBay