Great parts-Cheap & Fast-you won't believe who...

barter, sell, and trade here first

Great parts-Cheap & Fast-you won't believe who...

Postby MacL » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:52 am

HI All,
I have just received my second single part order from Radio Shack. Ordered a 3 watt 100 ohm resistor for $1.89 including shipping.
I received two DALE 3.75 w resistors in four days via FED EX! (this is my second similar single part order - same great DALE parts via FED EX)
Here is the secret. Find part on Radio Shack website-copy what they call it (includes RS part #) - then search for on EBAY! Part comes from RS in New Jersey.

Same part would cost $7 shipping via RS web site-but free shipping on EBAY.

They don't have everything but when you need that one "missing" part (great power resistor selection) sure beats the China Ebay stores with quality, price, and time.

I just had to share- they can't do this for long...

MacL
MacL

Re: Great parts-Cheap & Fast-you won't believe who...

Postby Geek » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:44 pm

I wonder if it had to do with that huge liquidation of Radio Shack in Canada... we were buying their stock for pennies on the dollar.

I know I saw a couple 5-ton trucks loading up with Washington state plates ;)
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Re: Great parts-Cheap & Fast-you won't believe who...

Postby Shannon Parks » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:55 pm

I think YMMV. I've had super fast service sometimes from Ratshack, but I also bought a couple 100k log pots last year and it took two weeks to get them.
A roommate of mine in college worked at RS and took advantage of all the clearance items (from something called a "Z" sheet or something like that). I would just ask to see what was on the list at the store. I bought twenty metal oxide 8-track tapes that way for a couple bux in 1989. I even had an 8-track recorder with Dolby. (lol)

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Return to preBay