Vandersteen 2ci

barter, sell, and trade here first

Vandersteen 2ci

Postby Ty_Bower » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:12 pm

I've got too many speakers in the basement, and I've got to unload some before the wife catches on. These Vandersteen 2ci are old, but still sound fine. They probably aren't the best speakers for tubes as they aren't very efficient. They need a lot of power to sound their best. I recommend something like a set of Mark III monoblocks as a good starting point.

Anyway, I've had them for a while and put new socks on them myself. I haven't finished the last little piece of sock on the very top. You can't see that in the photos. The stands are included, of course. I believe they are Sound Anchor brand. I do have original Vandersteen boxes in which to ship them, although I'd really prefer if you could come listen to them first and pick them up in person.

Serial numbers are 46110 and 46111, if that's important to anyone. There's currently four other pair up for sale on Audiogon. The sellers are asking anywhere from $500 up. I'd be happy to get $400 for these, or feel free to haggle with me. I might like trades, too.

Image Image Image
"It's a different experience; the noise occlusion, crisp, clear sound, and defined powerful bass. Strong bass does not corrupt the higher frequencies, giving a very different overall feel of the sound, one that is, in my opinion, quite unique."
Ty_Bower
KT88

Postby Thatch » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:05 pm

http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspe ... index.html

Found a very nice article on these when they were new. I think it might be interesting if these biamp Just a thought, but I got the impression from the review that it was set up so biamping was a choice. I run SET for around 40Hz and up, and because I am db down in that range and have SS running isobaric subs that will go down to 15 if they get the signal.
If I was in the area I would go listen, and 88db really isn't that bad if you can run the lows with SS as long as it all runs at the same speed.
I'll tell a friend in NJ, lower part, if you want to send your phone to me I'll try and hook you up. This is just the thing he likes.
Thatch
Thatch

Postby Ty_Bower » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:26 pm

Price reduced! Wife says they have to go! No reasonable offer refused, especially if you come to pick them up! I'm still very interested in trades - anything audio related, photography gear, or high performance illumination tools (flashlights). Heck, I'd even take a good bottle of single malt scotch.

Let's call them $250 now. Please, someone help me out of my troubles...
"It's a different experience; the noise occlusion, crisp, clear sound, and defined powerful bass. Strong bass does not corrupt the higher frequencies, giving a very different overall feel of the sound, one that is, in my opinion, quite unique."
Ty_Bower
KT88

Postby Ty_Bower » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:17 am

Sold... $)
Ty_Bower
KT88

Return to preBay