Feeler : Eiclone "Ike" Completed Amplifiers

barter, sell, and trade here first

Feeler : Eiclone "Ike" Completed Amplifiers

Postby muschy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:43 pm

I have a set of completed Ikes I am interested in selling, I haven't got any high-end tubes or anything to include with them, but what I've got will get you started.

Just trying to gauge interest before I post a price and pictures. I used Hammond iron and used the 12AX7 preamp tube option with fixed bias.

Thanks
muschy

Postby Ty_Bower » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:41 pm

I like Ikes, but I'm not in the market for an amp right now.

Hammond iron (274BX/1650N) currently runs $400 for a set, plus ship. If you have the nicer 374 power transformer, that's gravy. Call it $470. I guess the boards used to cost $50 for the pair? The passives should probably run about $100 or slightly higher. Glass will come in at least $100 for a full set. I've got no idea what kind of chassis you can build, so let's assume its as good as most of mine - value is zero. We have a grand total of $650 ~ $720 for the pair. Of course, times are hard and sellers are having a tough time getting that much for a good pair of Mk III...

Good photos go a long way towards establishing interest.
"It's a different experience; the noise occlusion, crisp, clear sound, and defined powerful bass. Strong bass does not corrupt the higher frequencies, giving a very different overall feel of the sound, one that is, in my opinion, quite unique."
Ty_Bower
KT88

Postby muschy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:53 pm

Yeah, you're right Ty. I was looking to get $500 CDN + actual shipping cost anywhere in North America. I will post pictures soon.
muschy

Postby Geek » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:11 pm

muschy wrote:I was looking to get $500 CDN....

That's what, $900 USD nowadays? :o) :))

Cheers!
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Return to preBay