Need source for 1% caps

barter, sell, and trade here first

Need source for 1% caps

Postby ChrisAlbertson » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:45 pm

I want to build some test equipment and need a few caps in the range of .1 to .001 uf that are matched to about 1%. Don't need high volts as these will go into an audio filter working at about line level. I really can't use trimmers. My usual sources don't have them.
ChrisAlbertson

Postby nineno » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:17 pm

www.mouser.com has about 30 values between 0.1uF and 0.001uF listed.
The easiest way to find them is to click on Passive Components (left navigation menu), then pick Capacitors, then Ceramic Capacitors, then Multilayer Ceramic Caps.

Finally, you can pick the 1% tolerance band and the capacitance values you want. You can also select Kemet (brand) capacitors, and "in stock" using the appropriate drop down and radio buttons. That should leave you with about 30 to pick from.

Hope that is a helpful start.
nineno

Postby Geek » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:40 am

I'm looking at about 30 types in that range from Digikey as well. 1% polypropylene, 50 and 63V from Panasonic as well as Vishay/BC Components.

I've used the Panasonic ECQ-P(Z) series... niiiiiice [:)

Cheers!
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Postby Shannon Parks » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:42 am

Search on eBay for polystyrene + 250V or K71-7, like so:
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... Categories

Plenty of 1% and .5% caps that are great for your use - ie I've purchased and tested some.

1% caps from traditional sources will be very expensive. Assuming that you need matched caps above all, you could also order several from Mouser/Digikey and then sort with a LCR meter.

--Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Return to preBay