Custom made input jack PC boards and Speaker PC boards

barter, sell, and trade here first

Custom made input jack PC boards and Speaker PC boards

Postby burnedfingers » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:39 am

I am testing the waters here to see if there would be enough interest from people here to tool up and mill some input jack boards for Dynaco stereo 70's as well as other Dynaco models and other manufacturers. I realize there are postings on ebay for Gold Plated input jacks that are spaced correctly in order to implement the use of todays modern RCA cables. I could also manufacture speaker PC output jack boards if there was interest as well as any custom PC mounting device.

Input and response is encouraged.

Feel free to email with comments and or questions.

Thanks
burnedfingers
KT88

Postby Geek » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:21 am

I'll support this idea.

I make my own, but the ones commercially available are insanely priced for what you actually get.

Cheers!
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Postby burnedfingers » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:30 am

Not trying to get rich at this. Just thought a more reasonable priced piece could be offered and to be honest I have been having some slack time at work that could be filled by machining some boards in the backroom at work on their mill. If enough interest the boards could be sold to interested parties by the company I am employed by. I would be able to kill two birds with one stone. A/ provide something to do and not be standing around and B/provide a reasonable priced product to help someone complete and or modify their amplifier to satisfy their requirements/desires.
burnedfingers
KT88

Postby EWBrown » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:15 am

Sounds like a good idea! I've also done up my own boards with unplated fiberglass circuit board scraps, with decent looking results. THat allowed use of uninsulated RCAs.

Another possibility is to create boards to mount the input RCA jacks into the centers of the two octal socket holes on the front of the chassis, or, as I did with one of my amp builds, I put the two bias test points and a ground (pin jacks) into each octal socket hole, and the RCAs in the center location, and covered (from behind) the mono/stereo switch hole, with another piece of fiberglass. I suppose that a single long piece of FG PCB could be used, but I just used scraps I had on hand. .

/ed B
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby burnedfingers » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Yup,

I had the octal sockets in mind for either RCA Jacks or test points. There are a number of different combinations that could be done. The X and Y axis indication display on the mill will guarantee a tight tolerance. I was thinking about unplated PC board strips that I could put in a fixture and machine a number of them in one setup. I would supply them with gold plated RCA's to insure that there was no problem with form,fit and function.
burnedfingers
KT88

Dynaco RCA Input Jacks

Postby Clik2media » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:08 pm

I produced a "bunch" of them a while back. Let me know if anyone needs or wants some. Includes modern spacing board and RCA jacks
Clik2media

Postby burnedfingers » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:44 am

Quote:
I produced a "bunch" of them a while back. Let me know if anyone needs or wants some. Includes modern spacing board and RCA jacks.

It would have been nice if you put this on a thread that you started instead of hi jacking mine. :|
burnedfingers
KT88

Postby Clik2media » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:33 am

6bg6ga wrote:Quote:
I produced a "bunch" of them a while back. Let me know if anyone needs or wants some. Includes modern spacing board and RCA jacks.

It would have been nice if you put this on a thread that you started instead of hi jacking mine. :|

My apologies, that was poor ettiquette.
Clik2media

Return to preBay