DIYTUBE ST35 with rev. B board

barter, sell, and trade here first

DIYTUBE ST35 with rev. B board

Postby mhtn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:17 pm

Asking price: $325 shipped.

This ST35 was made with rev. B board.

It comes with 4 Ei Elites el84 tubes and 4 JJ Electronic el84 tubes. Both had about 60 hours of usage.

I will also include 2 RCA 12AU7 tubes and 2 RCA 12AX7 tubes.

Here are the pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mhtn/

As you can see in the picture, I installed a volume pot for the ST35 but chose not to wire it since I prefer the sound of the ST35 connected to a preamp. If you'd like, you can wire it so ST35 can be used as a integrated amp. Instruction is available here at diytube.

There is 2 minor issues with the ST35. Whenever the B+ is turn on, there is a moderate popping sound coming from the left speaker but that does not effect the quality of the amp at all and will not damage the speakers since I've lived with this popping sound with no adverse effect to the speakers. The second issue is the amp produce a humming/buzzing sound when B+ is turned on but it cannot be heard from where I sit (7 feet away). I had to put my ear about 2 feet away from the speakers to hear the humming/buzzing sound.

If purchasing at my asking price, I will include an addition of 2 quads of Russian 6P14P tubes (el84 equivalent).

I have great rating at Audiogon under the user name of mhtnguyen.

I accept Paypal and no fee.
mhtn

No taker?

Postby mhtn » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Send me an offer. I may consider it :)
mhtn

Postby gazzgary » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:57 pm

Pm sent
gazzgary

Return to preBay