Electraprint OPT, Pwr Xformer and Choke Tubelab 45SE - SOLD

barter, sell, and trade here first

Electraprint OPT, Pwr Xformer and Choke Tubelab 45SE - SOLD

Postby 2skunks » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:16 pm

UNITS ARE SOLD.

Here is another project that I won't get to any time soon. I ordered these items from Jack Elliano at Electraprint when I thought I was going to build the Tubelab 45 SE amp.

That build is WAAAY too complicated for me considering I don't even read schematics. All items are unused and exactly as sent from Electraprint back in late March of this year.

Included in this package are the following:

(2) 5k 50ma to 8 ohms 3 watts, cost $95.00 each.
(1) Power trans with M6 laminations (runs cooler) $123.00
(1) Choke 6 to 10h 200ma with bell ends, $46.00

My total was $359 plus $30 shipping. (These are nice an heavy)

PRICE: $315 shipped in the continental US. Saves you about $75 from new.

PM prefered. Paypal or US Postal MO
Last edited by 2skunks on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2skunks

Postby EWBrown » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:15 pm

Do you have the specifications for the power transsformer?

/ed B in NC
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby 2skunks » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi Ed:

Thanks for your note. what specs do you need and forgive my question. I am not versed in electronics which is why I am abandoning the Tubelab 45SE build and going with the much simpler GetSetGounit.

Here is what I sent Jack Elliano which is straight off of the Tubelab site:

To recap, I will be building a 45 SE amp using the Tubelab PC board. I only need a single secondary since I only plan to use 45 tubes. I will bias these tubes in the 28mA to 30mA range @ 280 Volts.

My order is as follows

A. (2) Single-Ended Output transformers with the following specs = 5K primary imp., 50mA primary current, 3W max power, 8 ohm secondary imp., Copper secondary wiring

B. (1) Power transformer with the following specs = min 540 - 550 VCT center tapped HV winding of (at least) 125mA, 5 volt 2 amp rectifier winding, 6.23 volt center tapped filament winding of at least 3 amps.

NOTE: The plans call for using a choke similar to the Triad C-14X which is an ugly little beast with specs of 200mA current, 6H Ind and 150 ohm resistance.

C. I would like to order one from you instead with bell ends (like the one you have on ebay now). Looking for min of 6H to 10H and similar specs as the Triad if you know it.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more and I will go to the Electraprint site and get the info.

Cheers,
Hugo
2skunks

Postby EWBrown » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:21 pm

I was just wondering if the power trannie had any markings or labelling indicating its secondary voltages and current ratings.

I'd guess it should have something like 275-0-275 @ 150 mA, 6.3VCT @ 3A, 5V @ 2A, and maybe one or two separate 2.5VAC filament winding(s) for the 45s? These tubes are nominally 2.5V @ 1.5A, for each filament. Fixed bias would need only one winding, and cathode bias would generally require two separate windings, unless a set of very well matched 45s was used.

Your description in your note to Jack Elliano is very close to this.

This set of iron may be very useful for an "oddball" project I'm developing (at least on paper and in vaporware). Something a lot less complex than the "Tubelab SE" design, but maybe more so than the G*S*G or Simple SE.

/ed B in WNC
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby 2skunks » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Ed:

PM Sent.

HL
2skunks

the cyber demons gobbled it up...

Postby EWBrown » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:48 pm

PM never arrived...

/ed B in NC
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby 2skunks » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:33 pm

Hello Ed:

Sorry, I don't know what happened but I did send this reply so here it is again.

The Electraprint units don't come marked but I have a hand written sketch from Jack Elliano, the principal, that reads as follows:

5K-50ma-8ohm 3W
-1Db 17Khz - 20K Hz

The power transformer windings are as follows:

Red 275V
Grey @ 125MADC
Red 275V

Yellows 5V@2A

Green
White 6.3 VcT@3A
Green

Hope that helps.

The Choke is as per my post but has the additional bellends so you dont have to hide in the case.
2skunks

Postby EWBrown » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Thanks! I'll mull it over... I just got hit with an unexpected major expense, my 20 year old Ruud Heat Pump had a catastrophic compressor failure, and since it is so old, it isn't reasonable to try to repair it, as it then would just become a "ticking time bomb" before something else died on it, and at nearly $1600 to replace the compressor and recharge it with R22.

So I now have to get a new unit, so there goes about $6K out the window... At least the new unit will be a lot more efficient, and I should be able to get $1500 back "tax credit" at the end of the year.

/ed B
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Return to preBay