For Sale: EiClone (Ike) Mono blocks

barter, sell, and trade here first

For Sale: EiClone (Ike) Mono blocks

Postby nineno » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:57 pm

For a variety of factors I'm considering selling my EiClone amplifiers.

They're fully assembled and fully functional. They have oak wooden chassis with 1/8" thick aluminum top plates. They're identical to one another in all reasonable aspects.

Each has a match pair of Electro Harmoix 6CA7s, an Electro Harmonix 6SN7, and an NOS RCA 6SL7. (I think I still have the boxes for the RCAs, and probably the other tubes, also.)

The transformers are Hammond 274BX and 1650N for power and output, respectively.

The connections are all on the back of the chassis and include a power inlet, a speaker output, 3 test-point jacks (multi-meter probes click into place on them) for setting bias, two fuse jacks and an RCA input.

The modifications that have been listed on the EiClone forum have been performed where applicable.

I'm looking to sell both amplifiers as a pair and will include the speaker and power cables. Normally this would go without saying, but the amplifiers use Neutrik power and speaker jacks which are very different than the normal connectos.

There are pictures of my amplifers in the EiClone forum entitled "It's Build Time" and the entire build process and questions that I asked along the way can be seen there also. Link: http://www.diytube.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521

Here is a picture of the pair:

I'm not in a rush to sell these. They don't take up much room but I also don't get enough use out of them.

They do have a slight 60Hz hum which I'm certain is from poor wire routing. So, if anyone is looking for an easy introduction to tube amplifiers, this would be a great project to clean up the rushed wiring and end-up with an excellent pair of mono blocks.

I have about $530 into the parts, not including the chassis/top panel, and rear jack panel.

Please ask any questions if you're interested.

Thanks!
drew*
nineno

Return to preBay