New Tung - Sol KT - 150 Output Tube

ask your general tube related questions here

Re: New Tung - Sol KT - 150 Output Tube

Postby Hugh's Wattwerx » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:27 pm

Drat! Looks like a great tool, but I'm 64-bit.

Shannon Parks wrote:
Hugh's Wattwerx wrote:If I wanted to build a single-ended application of 20-25W, can anyone tell me the ideal OT impedance, plate, and screen voltages? Thanks.

Joe

If you can use a 32-bit Windows OS then John Broskie's SE CAD is only $9.95:
http://glass-ware.stores.yahoo.net/seampcad1.html

One of the best deals on the planet for the SE DIYer!

Shannon
Hugh's Wattwerx

Postby Shannon Parks » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:52 am

dcriner wrote:When they say that the New Sensor Tung-Sols are built with original Tung-Sol tooling, prove it. When was it shipped to China?

Maybe tools made from the original prints? You gotta figure the original tooling was made into razor blades a long time ago.

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Postby Hugh's Wattwerx » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:47 am

I may actually try to put together a 32-bit system from my parts bin just to run this!

In the meantime, if I'm understanding ValveWizard's analysis correctly, 330V with a 2500 OT (which I happen to have on hand) would do that trick -- or should I use a bit higher impedance?

Thanks again,

Joe

Hugh's Wattwerx wrote:Drat! Looks like a great tool, but I'm 64-bit.

Shannon Parks wrote:
Hugh's Wattwerx wrote:If I wanted to build a single-ended application of 20-25W, can anyone tell me the ideal OT impedance, plate, and screen voltages? Thanks.

Joe

If you can use a 32-bit Windows OS then John Broskie's SE CAD is only $9.95:
http://glass-ware.stores.yahoo.net/seampcad1.html

One of the best deals on the planet for the SE DIYer!

Shannon
Hugh's Wattwerx

Postby mike567 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:55 pm

TUBECADSE works under windows 7 32 bit!! (lol) (y) :o)
mike567

Postby Jim McShane » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:47 pm

dcriner wrote:Whoever manufactures and labels New Sensor Tung-Sols, will soon, if not already, sell them under some other label.

When they say that the New Sensor Tung-Sols are built with original Tung-Sol tooling, prove it. When was it shipped to China?

Where does it say the new production is built with original tooling? Show me where please. And the Tung-Sol current production is not made in China, it is made in Saratov, Russia in the Xpo-Pul production plant.

There are a number of areas where New Sensor can and should be criticized. And if buying up and using the old classic names bothers you that's certainly understandable. But what you posted is way off base.
Jim McShane
Jim McShane

Postby hilldweller » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:10 am

And now with the latest developments in the Russia / Ukraine situation, The US plans to impose sanctions on Russia for invading the Ukraine. Could this stop our tube supply? Stock up now! =:o
http://www.infowars.com/u-s-prepares-to ... on-russia/
Analog is Real! Experience it!
Digital leads to trans humanism. Not good.
hilldweller
KT88

Postby Geek » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:23 am

hilldweller wrote:Could this stop our tube supply? Stock up now! =:o

:'(

The Shuguang plant better be ready for the increased demand =:o
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Postby soundbrigade » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:19 am

hilldweller wrote:And now with the latest developments in the Russia / Ukraine situation, The US plans to impose sanctions on Russia for invading the Ukraine. Could this stop our tube supply? Stock up now! =:o
http://www.infowars.com/u-s-prepares-to ... on-russia/

We're planning for a tour to St Petersburg in May (if I still am on leave from jobs) - I can carry home a big bag of tubes for you and sell you at a black market prace .. (evil)
Magnus

"It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge."
soundbrigade
KT88

Postby Geek » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:26 am

I read on the news that the sanctions won't affect business and trade. So hopefully we'll be good for a while *)
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Postby Shannon Parks » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:52 am

Geek wrote:I read on the news that the sanctions won't affect business and trade. So hopefully we'll be good for a while *)

The Russian made Electro-Harmonix 6922 are a key piece of my fledgling business as I use them in my Budgie phono preamps. Funny how these international politics can affect little ol' me. The Slovakian made JJ 6922s just don't cut the mustard. Just tested them last week as a fallback just in case.

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Postby 20to20 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:11 am

Shannon Parks wrote:
Geek wrote:I read on the news that the sanctions won't affect business and trade. So hopefully we'll be good for a while *)

The Russian made Electro-Harmonix 6922 are a key piece of my fledgling business as I use them in my Budgie phono preamps. Funny how these international politics can affect little ol' me. The Slovakian made JJ 6922s just don't cut the mustard. Just tested them last week as a fallback just in case.

Shannon

Not to worry.

Russia will sell them to Iran. Iran will sell them to N. Korea. N. Korea will sell them to China. China will sell them to Canada. Geek corners the market and sets up a distribution center in the Caymens and retires to watch W.I cricket from Barbados. Putin stays happy and visits Geek cricket bat in one hand and Pina Colada in the other.

Headed for Tishomingo to sing in a can...
20to20
KT88

Postby azazello » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:25 am

In Bulgaria. we have tube legacy from Warshaw pact and we can find a lot of tubes - for ex:
http://forum.eshop.bg/viewtopic.php?t=8 ... 03.2014%29 .....1 лв is 0.5 $
http://ivotube.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html
http://forum.eshop.bg/viewtopic.php?t=7 ... 2%E0%F0%E8
Projects: OTL 6AS7 Gen, Electric, SEs 2A3 RCA, 300B JJ, 6S4S, 4P1L, EL11 Telefunken, 6AS7 RCA, 6S33S, 6S41S, 6S19P, headphone ampl. OTL Loftin White 6AS7 RCA....SE E84L&E80CC Siemens&Tel-n.
azazello
KT88

Postby Geek » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:50 pm

20to20 wrote:Not to worry.

Russia will sell them to Iran. Iran will sell them to N. Korea. N. Korea will sell them to China. China will sell them to Canada. Geek corners the market and sets up a distribution center in the Caymens and retires to watch W.I cricket from Barbados. Putin stays happy and visits Geek cricket bat in one hand and Pina Colada in the other.

My financial planner has spoken! (lol) (cig)

I'll fly you all out for a Caribbean audiofest (b)
-= Gregg =-
Geek
KT88

Postby dcriner » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:00 pm

Simply a Chinese tube copying the Tung-Sol brand name and packaging. Some shyster evidently bought the rights to the Tung-Sol name. If such tubes were any good, why would they peddle them under an old, bona-fide U.S. brand name, instead of their own?
Doug Criner
dcriner
KT88

Previous

Return to tube 101