Resources

ask your general tube related questions here

Resources

Postby Shannon Parks » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:11 am

I know I periodically suggest materials, but here is my latest, power packed list:

- Software: Tube Cad by GlassWare (http://www.glass-ware.com/)
- Software: TCJ Push-Pull Calculator by GlassWare (just downloaded it and its the best $24 I've ever spent)
- Book: The Art of Electronics by Horowitz and Hill
- Any old ARRL guide (pick up an early 70's one as it'll have both solid state and tube info)

For $100, you'd have a battle chest. Other recommendations?

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Postby erichayes » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:15 pm

Hi All,

Audio Cyclopedia 2nd ed. by Howard Tremaine, H.W. Sams 1969. Try Amazon or eBay, or convince Ed Dell to reprint it.

Valve Amplifiers 2nd ed. by Morgan Jones, Newnes 1999. Available from Amazon, Antique Electronics, Audio Amateur.

RCA Receiving Tube Manual RCA Special Products Div. The RC-19 and RC-30 editions have been reprinted by AE and AA. Other editions can be found on eBay, usually for $5.00~12.00. I have two extra copies of the RC-14 edition (1940) available, if anyone's interested.

Radiotron Designer's Handbook 4th ed. by F. Langford Smith. I'm flying blind, as my copy is down in Santa Cruz. This was reissued on CD a couple of years ago, and I believe in print form as well. Very dry reading unless you're fond of math. A wealth of information.

Essential Characteristics General Electric Corp. 1973. AE has the RC-19, RC-30, this manual and another book available as a set for around 46 bucks. The GE manual covers a lot of tubes that RCA doesn't.

I'll think of more.
Eric in the Jefferson State
erichayes
KT88

Return to tube 101