What is Shannon up to these days?

the thermionic watercooler

What is Shannon up to these days?

Postby Francois_G » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:29 pm

I have been an avid fan of Shannon's work and PCB's and I am disapointed to observe that he seemed to have faded away from this site completely. I realize that he must be still hosting this website, but I wondered if I just missed his involvement, or has he really withdrawn from activity?

The fact that his wonderful PCB's are no longer for sale is a shame. I want a few right now. Could we do something to group resurrect the supply of PCB's? With his permission of course.
Francois_G

Re: What is Shannon up to these days?

Postby battradio » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:39 am

Shannon moved to the west coast from near where you reside and has a new day job and kids that keep him busy .
Mark
battradio
KT88

Postby Geek » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Yep... we should hear back from him when the kids are off to college ;)

Given that a lot of us are old goats with cats, that youngin' still has to deal with life :))

Cheers!
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Postby hilldweller » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:00 pm

I guess this site will dry up unless someone takes over. SO SAD! =:o
Analog is Real! Experience it!
Digital leads to trans humanism. Not good.
hilldweller
KT88

Postby dannyr » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:08 pm

Francois_G wrote:I have been an avid fan of Shannon's work and PCB's and I am disapointed to observe that he seemed to have faded away from this site completely. I realize that he must be still hosting this website, but I wondered if I just missed his involvement, or has he really withdrawn from activity?

The fact that his wonderful PCB's are no longer for sale is a shame. I want a few right now. Could we do something to group resurrect the supply of PCB's? With his permission of course.

Francois, what boards are you looking for? I posted how to convert Geek's kta70 board over to Shannon's st70 one if Geek still has any for sale. It was pretty easy to do.
dannyr

Postby Francois_G » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:25 pm

I'm looking for the Poseidon boards mostly. ST 70 boards would be of interest too. However, I'm not farmiliar with the Geek boards you mentioned: Where do I find them?
Francois_G

Postby EWBrown » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:49 am

Shannon is on Facebook, I keep in touch with him via that route. (phone) (net)

/ed B in NC
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby dannyr » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:51 am

Francois_G wrote:I'm looking for the Poseidon boards mostly. ST 70 boards would be of interest too. However, I'm not farmiliar with the Geek boards you mentioned: Where do I find them?

They are Geek's boards and he is active here and quite helpful. I learn a lot from him.

http://www.classicvalve.ca/dynaco.html

you'd want the kta70 board. I can't tell on his site if he has any left. Maybe he'll chime in here and let us know.

Below is the instructions rthat I posted. I'd be happy to help further if you or someone else needs it. The result was hum free etc so the layout worked great even with the changes and sounded great.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6894#p55746
dannyr

Return to diy hifi