Tube CAD availability?

the thermionic watercooler

Re: Tube CAD availability?

Postby pmarcin » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:37 am

Geek,
Java, a virtual machine language, which dates back to the Burroughs OS of the '70s, is a cross platform solution. Howwever, as noted, Ant scripting, a Java addition has problems introduced in Win 7.

Also, Java threads, which run under the VM, are much easier to use than Win threads.

C#, a MS language, also has a multi-platform solution, Mono.

IBM calls Java a "program once, debug often solution." (There may be differences in the VMs that cause problems.)
pmarcin

Postby Geek » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:40 pm

I'm pretty sure I mentioned Java already (???)
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Postby pmarcin » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:57 pm

I was just trying to clarify some of the problems with Java under Windows. MS developed J++, but changed the VM and was sued by Sun for calling it Java.

The graphics packages always create the greatest issues when dealing with cross platform development.(MS made changes wrt to the graphics interface.)I have written to J. Broskie for a clarification of the incompatibilities. I suspect they're graphics related.

Standards are always difficult to enforce. In my experience in comm programming, the Canadiens were the best at adhering to them.

Sorry for the confusion. My explanations are much too short.
p :o)

P.S. - Have you done any forensics on the Koren board?
pmarcin

Previous

Return to diy hifi