Advanced Snake Oil

the thermionic watercooler

Re: Advanced Snake Oil

Postby TomMcNally » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:53 pm

Has anyone purchased this board on eBay ? How much do the cattle eat ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-linear-push-pull-type-6SL7-6V6-Tube-power-amplifier-DIY-Kit-12W-No-tube-/132039159875?hash=item1ebe25b043:g:yQUAAOSw1~JZPPLq

Details about Ultra-linear push-pull type 6SL7+6V6 Tube power amplifier DIY Kit (12W) No tube

The use of ultra-linear architecture, each channel output cattle have to take five lines, plus feedback and filament, This version wiring amount it will seem a lot, But it does not affect the excellent replay effect. This version not need to debug, This is a mature and stable circuit, As long as you do not install the wrong, Connect power supply can play sounds.
This is an extremely rare no trace of hum, noise floor, ultra-linear push-pull circuit, and the low-frequency dynamic than the average single-ended tube amplifier is much better.
TomMcNally
Darling du Jour

Postby Auricle » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:04 pm

I wish there was reference material available to help me understand this fascinating bovine-audio connection. Remember from a few years ago, the
"gall bladder pre- amp tube headphone amplifier with dual ring cow" ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/P8-A-Class-gall-bladder-pre-amp-tube-headphone-amplifier-with-dual-ring-cow-/111506239817?hash=item19f64a3149&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&nma=true&si=TGFLt2YCta7f922catI8TR0mXIk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Auricle

Postby Geek » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:08 pm

Woah! More cowbell! (lol)

Well.... the wording isn't as "interesting" as some of the software translated ones I've seen on AliExpress (sick)
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Postby soundbrigade » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:24 am

The bare board is in my AliX shopping basket. Just in case ..... :$

We are in Russia right now. Have visited our last relatine in Ufa and are vising our ladt friends and relatives in St Petersburg.
Yesterday we made an excursion to Kronstadt, a nice tour. Can share some photos later.
Tubes are exoensive in Russian electronic shops. Why?! (???)
Magnus

"It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge."
soundbrigade
KT88

Postby Geek » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:36 am

soundbrigade wrote:Tubes are exoensive in Russian electronic shops. Why?! (???)

The same reason I can buy my own wine outside the country, which has been shipped, dutied and gone through a dozen middle men's markups, yet for 1/6 the price? (???)
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Postby EWBrown » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:49 pm

I have seen this Chinese translation confusion between cattle and transformers before, but then I have no beef with that ;) (lol)

Even the "ring baby cows" which (I believe) means toroidal transformers :/ (???)

No bull :))

/ed B in NC

Have fun in Башкортоста́н O:)
Last edited by EWBrown on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby soundbrigade » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:21 am

We are now in glorious St Petersburg looking for:
класс желчный пузырь предварительного усилителя ламповый усилитель для наушников с двойным кольцом корова

Class gall bladder tube preamplifier for headphones with double cow rings.
Because I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago, I saw an opportunity to get an amplifier AND a new gall bladder. $)

Talking of Russia, spend 8 hours with a friend eating a lot of good stuff and drinking a lot of vodka, talking about Russia and Putin. So much was told that we Westerners don't know or think about.
And the say before we got to visit Kronstadt, the town outside Petersburg, that have for many years been a no-go place for many Russians and definitely for foreigners.
Magnus

soundbrigade
KT88

Postby Oleg73 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:45 am

Magnus, you must to visit 'yunona' market (bazaar) in seeking a tubes in Saint Petersburg in Saturday and Russian Navy day in Sunday!
Oleg73

Postby soundbrigade » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:16 am

Missed the market and the navy day, though we saw some of the ships in Kronstadt and on Neva. We ere scheduled to fly home yesterday (Friday). On the other hand Mrs K has an appointment at the US Embassy Tuesday next week and has to be prepared.
Magnus

soundbrigade
KT88

Postby EWBrown » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:22 pm

More descriptive poetry of the gall bladder amplifier with dual cow rings (???) [:)

About the use of materials , you can see a picture inside a basic description has been identified in the photos here briefly talk about focus . :

1 , the resistance of the United States military regulations DALE low temperature drift precision audio resistors.

2 , the filter is four high-voltage capacitors Philips , plus external gilded input-output interface , original ALPS potentiometer, aluminum volume knob , WIMA coupling capacitors. Were good material .

3 , power supply, this machine is equipped with ring baby cow . ( Compared to standard E cow , the advantage is the temperature rise is small, with a long time the temperature is not high. Additionally there is no low-frequency resonance cattle 50HZ E , that is, hum , The disadvantage is the high cost , no impact, because the metal shell is no protection . ) with 110V and 220V versions.

4 , the whole body are made of black brushed + oxidation process , and beautiful. The tall , solid look better than the picture . This I guarantee , laser carving the word . Never fade.

5 , the default with the tube is 6N5P + 6N3 -made .

They "were good material", what are they now (???) :/ (lol)
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby EWBrown » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:26 pm

I decided to take the plunge, for 36 bucks less one penny, including shipping, it's worth a whirl...

Some assembly required, batteries, cattle, gall bladders (and tubes) not included p[

Update 10 August 2017:

It arrived on Tuesday, one day after the DHL package, at about 1/4 the postage cost.

WYSIWYG - what you see is what you get, no schematics, or instructions were included,
the board is of excellent quality, and well laid out, and nicely symmetrical.

But... the resistor / capacitor values and locations are clearly marked on the board.
From a few minutes' examination and mental reverse-engineering, it appears to use
the classic floating paraphrase splitter for the 6SL7s, and standard UL configuration
for the 6V6s. No surprises here, no need for them to re-invent the wheel. :))

It wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to use 6L6GCs, EL34s, etc as they are also pin-compatible,
and they nicely connected pins 1 and 8 together. Plan ahead...

Or use 12SL7s and 12V6s, for lower tube prices.

I already have the required small herd of cattle, power, 2 OPTs and choke (if needed) ;) (lol)

I gave the bare PC board a thorough examination, and it was relatively simple to suss out the basic circuit (Floating Paraphase),
which is very similar (just a few different resistor values are different) to the small Dyna PP amp:

Note that the 6SL7s cathodes are DC connected to ground through the NFB resistor and OPT secondary.
It's a cheap "hack", but it works. :/

/ed B in NC
Last edited by EWBrown on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby soundbrigade » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:16 am

I ordered the bare board at $6, less gall bladders, kidneys or sheeps. I should have most components at home. (eat)
Magnus

soundbrigade
KT88

Postby EWBrown » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:36 am

I have the baby cows and tubes at home, I figured the extra parts were cheap enough to just go ahead and order them - especially the six "tube seats".

I've always had good results with orders from China, generally takes ten to fifteen days, from order to arrival.

I'll probably "cheat" and use 12V6GTs and 12SL7s, as I have lots of these, and can get away using a 12VDC "brick" to light them up, that way the only cow
that I'll need is to produce the approx. 300 to 325 VDC B+. Mooooo...... Or I could wire pairs of 6V filaments in series, I s'pose. *)

/ed B in NC
Last edited by EWBrown on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby soundbrigade » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:47 pm

I think I have written something about it, but I have gotten a bunch of various amp boards varying from 3 to 60W. All made of silicon. I just wanted to play around and try to get an assortment of small (physical) amps that could run from a 12V battery or a wallwart and be slightly portable.
My last working day (I will be on vacation) will be 5th of August and after that I have promised myself to to something radical to all my tube projects.
Magnus

soundbrigade
KT88

Postby Geek » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:46 pm

EWBrown wrote:I've always had good results with orders from China, generally takes ten to fifteen days, from order to arrival.

I tried ePacket on my last order... I'll never use anything else on AliExpress again. Beat my partner's DHL here for the same item! :))
-= Gregg =-
Geek
KT88

PreviousNext

Return to diy hifi