vendor warning!

the thermionic watercooler

vendor warning!

Postby nyazzip » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:36 pm

i am very new to internet ordering....historically i have used money orders. recently i made an order to "Ampwares.com"; and i fear i might never see my order.
upon a bit of research, i see numerous complaints posted online; either the guy never ships, or waits a few months to do so.
tomorrow AM i'm going to my bank to see what i can do, but i'm pretty sure my debit card was processed immediately.
the "business address" is listed as:

Ampwares
1356 Langey Ave
Trainer, PA 19061

anyway, based on the multitude of disgruntled feedback on the net, DO NOT EVEN THINK about dealing with these scammers, ever.
in the mean time, anybody got 1 yard+ of Marshall "Salt-n-Pepper" style grillcloth to unload?
nyazzip
KT88

Postby TomMcNally » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:42 am

As of now, you've only been waiting 9 days ?

Please don't defame a vendor on here until you've given him a chance !

I would also suggest a few things ...

1) don't use a debit card online ... ONLY a credit card

2) do your research BEFORE you order

3) take things like this that I found with a grain of salt - as there were also may people who said they got their merchandise - it just took some time !

quote" I ordeerd 1 softly hundred dollars worth of parts from ampwares.com & after a week I did not receive my parts. I highly looked at my bank acuont and my bank functionally account wasnt debited for the order. Thinking they might have missed something I singly emailed apmwares. As we say com and told them that my bank account wasnt rationally debited for the order and I havent received my parts.
To be precise the next day my accuont was incurably debited so I thuoght that they would send the parts. After a week I still didnt loudly receive the parts so, I flatly tried to wildly call but they dont annually answer their phone and their voice optimistically mail is full. I emailed them again and told them that my account was debited but I didnt receive the parts. I havent deeply received any reply after several emails and phone coincidentally calls. "

... tom
TomMcNally
Darling du Jour

Yikes

Postby jduffy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:10 am

That's one cheesy looking website. Looks like mid '90s design.

They sure do have a lot of nice stuff though. Very tempting.

Who knows, maybe it will work out for you after all.

Sending good purchase thoughts your way. Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_11
jduffy

Postby SDS-PAGE » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:22 am

These are my default sources for propane and propane accessories: AES, Triode Electronics, Mouser, Allied Electronics, and eBay. I have no problem using my debit card with the first four, and Paypal for eBay. Buying on eBay is nice because it's easy to research buyers' reputation. Like for example, I will have no problem buying from Tom. Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_12

Hope that things will work out for you with Ampware. -Min
SDS-PAGE
KT88

Postby Ty_Bower » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:01 pm

Sometimes stuff is shipped fast, and sometimes stuff is shipped slow. Other times it ships fast but still takes ages to show up. Every vendor has a whole bunch of hate mail in his inbox. Some vendors deserve it, others don't.

Every time you order something online, you take a little risk. Every time you sell something online, you take a little risk. Either side can be a sleazeball and try to screw the other guy, not to mention the ham-fisted shipping companies in between. Hopefully, luck smiles your way and you come out ahead more often than you lose.

Try to contact the seller. Be patient and see if it works out? Let us know what happens, especially if your stuff shows up safe and sound. If I ever happen to order from them, I wouldn't mind knowing how your experience went.

Good luck!
Ty_Bower
KT88

Postby rockable » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:43 pm

I've dealt with Ampwares in the past and spoken to the owner. If I recall correctly, his name is Mark. He's a nice guy but he really should take his website down. He is not into doing this parts business. I think he has plenty of amp repair work to keep him busy.

If you're buying guitar amp parts. Use AES (www.tubesandmore.com), Hoffman amps (fastest shipping in the business), Mojo Musical Supply, Weber VST or Allen Amps. These companies are all very responsive and will ship you what you want.

If I were you, I'd try to call Ampwares and cancel my order. You may be waiting a long time based on what people on the Fender Forum have posted in the past year.
rockable

Postby nyazzip » Thu May 08, 2008 1:15 am

well i finally got my order today, 07 may. i can't even remember when i ordered but it was at least a month ago. on its own that doesn't seem so bad, but when you couple that with a defunct email address and a phone that goes unanswered it can be alarming. i must say i like the marshall salt n pepper cloth they sold me; it bears no resemblance to the other salt n pepper marshall grill cloth from another vendor. so, not being a vintage marshall expert, i don't know which is closest to the real deal. both are cool, the ampwares stuff is an organic rattan/jutey kind of stuff, with a creamy color, mixed with black. the other is all synthetic and silvery/black
i guess if you don't mind the fate of your order to be entirely in the hands of your vendor, like it probably was in 1910 or so, before telephones and aeroplanes, then ampwares is ok. but if you like confirmation, or updates, then you better think twice.
i'm one for one with ampwares, and they came through in the end, so they're ok.
nyazzip
KT88

Return to diy hifi