Check out the Bottlehead Seduction Phono from prebay

the thermionic watercooler

Check out the Bottlehead Seduction Phono from prebay

Postby wiredbecker » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:13 pm

Just got this from Prebay. Anyone have access to the schematic or instructions? I want to make sure everything is up to snuff before I power it up.

wiredbecker
KT88

Postby EWBrown » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:13 am

I have built one of these, unfortunately it is now down in my place in NC, along with the instructions...And that's around a thousand miles away from here :o

This one looks to be a "clone" or a prototype, the grond plane board for teh inputs and common ground isn't the right thing...

The real thing, without any mods or the C4S upgrade, should look like this:

Note: he left out the four 18K 1W plate resistors, as he was going to install the C4S regulator in the next step.

MIne has DC filament power and a different (better quality) power trannie, which was mounted under the chassis.

This site: http://wardsweb.org/audio/seduction.html has all the details, and you can easily "reverse engineer" the circuit which really is quite simple. Basically two 6DJ8 gain stages with a passive RIAA section in between them. The component placement and the grounding scheme are the critical items to provide a hum-free circuit.

The RIAA circuit is this:

all of this info can be easily and publicly accessed from the Bottlehead website, so I'm not giving away any "trade secrets" :o

/ed B in NH
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby wiredbecker » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:03 pm

Thanks Ed. Yeah, it's definitely a prototype model.
wiredbecker
KT88

Manual

Postby leadtower » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:07 pm

I have the Seduction manual and the instructions for the anticipation CCS upgrade. I use that pre-amp in my phono stage. if i can help let me know; I can fax a copy of it and also the schematic if you need it. Mine uses the old transformer; that must be changed according to Bottlehead.
leadtower

Return to diy hifi