A rebuilding Push Pull project.

the thermionic watercooler

Postby ZepZep » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:47 am

Updated schematic two more caps. Could it work?
Last edited by ZepZep on Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZepZep

Postby ZepZep » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:39 pm

ZepZep wrote:Updated schematic two more caps. Could it work?
Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_13
Last edited by ZepZep on Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZepZep

Postby Shannon Parks » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:41 am

The original schematic link is gone for comparison.
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Anither "rebuilding" has been launched

Postby EWBrown » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:46 am

Last night, I gutted out one clapped-out Heathkit AA-151 carcass, which had been collecting dust and spiders' egg sacs for the past few years, it was a yard-sale special, partially stripped most of of its tubes.

The workmanship on that unit was terrible, it looked like a crystal meth-addicted, crosse-eyed baboon built it, using a blowtorch and a sharpened rock...

The GZ34 and EL84s had been previously plucked, but they didn't reach in far enough to take the 6AN8s, 6AU6s and 6EU7s.

Iron removal was facilitated by the numerous cold solder joints, and several of the tranny leads simply pulled out of their (allegedly) soldered connections.

At least the iron appears to be OK. I doubt that the darn thing ever worked in the first place, and had it been powered up for long, it probably would hav burst into flames... :o Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_11

Maybe I'll totally strip down the basic chassis, and start a total, ground-up power amp restoration, using a better VA and LTP (OK, Poseidon) driver design. I hate to simply throw away a chassis which has had all the "dog work" already done for me Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_02

That leaves me with only three more AA-151s, in various states of disrepair, to tinker with, someday... And several ST35 and SCA carcii, etc, etc... :o Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_09

/ed B in NH
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Previous

Return to diy hifi