New Eiclone project.

a DIY, modified Mullard 5-20 monoblock design

New Eiclone project.

Postby castlesteve » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:54 pm

Hi everyone. I`ve been lurking on this forum for a while and have decided that i will build a pair on eiclones.I already have a set of 300bx Hammond power transformers and a pair of Magnaquest 431 60 watt pp output transformers. Will these be suitable for this project? I am also interested in going with tube rectifiers if possible.
Steve.
castlesteve

Re: New Eiclone project.

Postby Shannon Parks » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:57 am

castlesteve wrote:Hi everyone. I`ve been lurking on this forum for a while and have decided that i will build a pair on eiclones.I already have a set of 300bx Hammond power transformers and a pair of Magnaquest 431 60 watt pp output transformers. Will these be suitable for this project? I am also interested in going with tube rectifiers if possible.
Steve.

Hi Steve,

Both transformers look perfect and will work well in this project. The secondary voltage rating of the 300BX is higher than the 274BX, but the tube rectifier will drop most of that, so it'll be a good match.

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Eiclone.

Postby castlesteve » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:19 am

thanks for the reply Shannon. I see that the kit comes with ss rectifiers. Do you have a schematic or do you supply parts for a tube rectified ps.
Also how much is the kit for a pair of monoblocks? I may treat myself for Xmas.
Steve.
castlesteve

Re: Eiclone.

Postby Shannon Parks » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:09 am

castlesteve wrote:thanks for the reply Shannon. I see that the kit comes with ss rectifiers. Do you have a schematic or do you supply parts for a tube rectified ps.
Also how much is the kit for a pair of monoblocks? I may treat myself for Xmas.
Steve.

Hi Steve,

This is the last pair I have, and clearanced priced for $89/pair with free shipping.

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Postby castlesteve » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:01 pm

Hey Shannon sorry to be so slow getting back to you . I`ll take the last pair if you still have them please. Let me know how to pay you and i`ll get it off to you pronto. My email is down at the moment so let me know here on the forum please.
Steve.
castlesteve

Xmas Ikes

Postby Shannon Parks » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:10 am

Hi Steve,

I sent you a private message with the details. Thanks!

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Return to eiclone