Spec for Capacitor Cx21

a DIY, modified Mullard 5-20 monoblock design

Spec for Capacitor Cx21

Postby Jimster41 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:23 am

I found this part 1431-2104K via the BOM on Mouser, but there is a min order quantity. I found a number of replacements, but not sure which is most appropriate. What is the purpose of this capacitor (and resistor) on the outputs of OPT? Can I use an "AC and Pulse" film capacitor? These seem to be designed for high frequency precision, and low power dissipation.
Jimster41

Re: Spec for Capacitor Cx21

Postby Shannon Parks » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:32 pm

Jimster41 wrote:I found this part 1431-2104K via the BOM on Mouser, but there is a min order quantity. I found a number of replacements, but not sure which is most appropriate. What is the purpose of this capacitor (and resistor) on the outputs of OPT? Can I use an "AC and Pulse" film capacitor? These seem to be designed for high frequency precision, and low power dissipation.

It can basically be subbed with any 0.1uF capacitor (ceramic, polyprop, etc). AC/pulse type would be great. Voltage rating not a real concern. It is meant as a permanent load for stability. In particular when driving inductive loads. You could call it a zobel network.

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Return to eiclone