6n3c-e (6p3s-e)

sweet & juicy SE amp for 1626 Darlings and the 6L6 family

6n3c-e (6p3s-e)

Postby justinsweber » Sun May 26, 2013 5:50 pm

I just bought some 6n3c-e off ebay for $20 with shipping to try.
Do I need to modify the PCB to accept these? Should be pin compatible with 6l6gc tubes?
justinsweber

Re: 6n3c-e (6p3s-e)

Postby Ty_Bower » Tue May 28, 2013 4:17 pm

They are nice tubes. Watch out, as often a large percentage of the lots turn out to be gassy. They will easily handle the plate-to-cathode voltage, but they do not tolerate more than twenty watts of plate dissipation. A good 6L6GC should handle more than that. Just meter your cathode voltages, calculate the current, and multiply by Vpk. If you go over twenty, I'd recommend sub'ing in a higher valued cathode resistor.
"It's a different experience; the noise occlusion, crisp, clear sound, and defined powerful bass. Strong bass does not corrupt the higher frequencies, giving a very different overall feel of the sound, one that is, in my opinion, quite unique."
Ty_Bower
KT88

Re: 6n3c-e (6p3s-e)

Postby soundbrigade » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:04 pm

The 6P3S-E is a magical littel tube, looking very odd withouth the black plastic base that the "normal" 6P3S have. The "-E" indicates that the tube is mechanically more stable and can withstand vibrations and G-forces better that the plain one. (y)
I am confused as some says that the max anode voltage is much lower whilst others claim I can run the tube on the same voltages as the 6P3S (6L6). (???)
Magnus

"It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge."
soundbrigade
KT88

Return to clementine