807 Clementine Ultra build finished

sweet & juicy SE amp for 1626 Darlings and the 6L6 family

807 Clementine Ultra build finished

Postby whaam68 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:28 am

OK finally done....big thanks to all those who chipped in with my questions during the build & especially Thermion! (JT). I followed my usual check out procedure....hook up....plug in....turn on....get ready to turn off! =:o Fortunately it just worked....which is nice....sounds real good....not quite as sweet as the GSG but definately more poke & I'd say tighter bass & definately a keeper. I built per shannons notes but as these are 15ohm outputs used a 1K in the feedback circuit (I also upped the paralell cap value to match...was this ok? 63v polystyrene cap). It's been on soak about 3 hours, outputs are pretty much cold, & power tx only warm.

Only two things I need a steer on...there is a small amount of hum once powered up that doesn't increase with volume not a lot but it's there...any ideas?

The bias meters are only reading 30ma...I'm sure this is low but the amp sounds full & pokey....did I wire these up wrong? both track the same & rise slowly with the thermistor. 807's are hot...to the touch

Ok that's it for now! I'm digging the ebay pimp up blue LED...I wired this up to the spare 6.3v taps...is this ok? it's got a resistor in line already for 6.3v operation.

Mike

Image[/img]
whaam68

Return to clementine