First Clementine Post

sweet & juicy SE amp for 1626 Darlings and the 6L6 family

Postby Shannon Parks » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:27 pm

Ty_Bower wrote:Dumb question... is it safe to run a jumper from the "GND" eyelet on the board to the unused center terminal on block J5? I wasn't sure if the space was required to maintain minimum distances on the high voltage traces. It seems like it might be convenient to have the PT center tap easily detached.

I didn't like the idea of the center tap connection sandwiched between the the high voltage secondary taps, especially with the higher voltage 6L6 build, so I shifted to an eyelet. I think with the Darling build, it probably won't be a problem to do what you describe.

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Postby VictoriaGuy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:15 pm

separks wrote:I didn't like the idea of the center tap connection sandwiched between the the high voltage secondary taps, especially with the higher voltage 6L6

Tubelab (George) leaves an 'empty' slot between the HV connections as well. Probably good insurance.
VictoriaGuy

Postby TomMcNally » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Some dumbass might not notice the center pin isn't connected and
turn his amp on and get nothing. Hmmm ... I think that's been done,
fortunately it was figured it out in 10 seconds. ;)
TomMcNally
Darling du Jour

Re: First Clementine Post

Postby Ty_Bower » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:54 pm

separks wrote:I asked Tom McNally if he had any ideas for a new project and he requested a Darling PCB.

Good thing you didn't ask me. I would have requested a Circlotron. (666)
"It's a different experience; the noise occlusion, crisp, clear sound, and defined powerful bass. Strong bass does not corrupt the higher frequencies, giving a very different overall feel of the sound, one that is, in my opinion, quite unique."
Ty_Bower
KT88

Previous

Return to clementine