mono/stereo

analog music reproduction discussion

mono/stereo

Postby nyazzip » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:30 am

i've set up my USB turntable with my Diytube st-35 and have been giving it a good whirl lately...using the line out for now, but thats another story,Budgie in te works finally/hopefully. question: i have lots of mono records in my growing thrift store collection, all 33.3rpm...will i mess up either the cartridge or the vinyl if i play mono records with a "stereo cartridge"? should i have 2 turntables? can't seem to find a definitive answer....
nyazzip
KT88

Re: mono/stereo

Postby Geek » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:51 pm

No, you won't harm nuttin'.

They are even pressing mono records today for Record Store Day releases of certain Beatles collector packs and early Elvis (y)

Now if you played 78's with a 33 stylus, you'll shred it pretty fast... =:o
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Postby nyazzip » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:48 pm

ok, great to know, thanks! maybe some other newbies will see this post and learn as well. cheers !
nyazzip
KT88

Postby Geek » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:43 am

Indeed!

I know forums like these with peer-given answers have proven very valuable to me when searching for answers to questions (cig)
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Return to plastic fantastic lovers