Paper Mache Horns

the weakest link we love so much

Paper Mache Horns

Postby carpenter » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to glass audio, but here I am. I thought I'd introduce myself and my website: www.inlowsound.com

On my site, I demonstrate, and provide drawings, etc, that explain how to build paper mache horns, plywood midbass horns, and folded bass horns. Some of my stuff is huge, most is manageable, size wise (unless you think Bose is the proper size for a sound system).

My paper mache horns are fantastic sounding with tube amps, in fact, this is one reason I've joined this forum: I want to build my own tube amps (Clementine).

An acquaintance of mine brought over his tube power amps for an evening of listening. I've been hooked ever since. I like the retro charm, the compact size (no huge heat sinks), but most of all, the sound.

It seems to me that they had it all figured out in the 50s, then someone discovered the transistor and out went the baby with the bathwater--no more high efficiency horns, no more tubes.....

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on this forum, so feel free to drop me a line and tell me what you think of my site.
carpenter

Re: Paper Mache Horns

Postby FastlaneAudio » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:01 am

Very Nice, the paper horn is gorgeous.

Dave
What I don't know is a lot.
FastlaneAudio

Return to loudspeakers