Klipsch La Scala Speakers

the weakest link we love so much

Postby EWBrown » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:34 pm

speaking of speaker makers' grandsons, several years ago at the "Hosstraders" hamfest, I met Bozak's grandson, and he was manufacturing and selling VHF and UHF collinear antennas.

I bought one of his 220 MHz antennas.

/ed B
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby Slartibartfast » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:15 pm

JW34 wrote:$200!!!!!! I am a big fan of old Klipsch speakers (1995 and older). The La Scala is a great example of the Klipsch Heritage series speaker and shows how good Klipsch "was" before they mass produced speakers. I have heard these speakers and it was a treat. Although I am a firm believer that building your own speakers will out perform mass produced speakers, the La Scala will amaze you.

Klipsch the company still builds the Heritage line. This includes the Klipschorn, LaScala II, Cornwall III, and Heresy III. I can not speak to their other line of speakers, although I hear some people really like them.

Klipsch still sells replacement parts for the Heritage line. I had to buy two voice coils to repair the tweeters in mine.

This link is the Heritage line:

http://www.klipsch.com/products/lists/heritage.aspx
Slartibartfast
KT88

Postby SDS-PAGE » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:20 am

I am thinking about upgrading the crossover in my La Scalas. Anyone knows a good one out there? I stumbled across this one:

http://www.alkeng.com/

Any advantage of having an extreme-slope network for the drivers (woofer/squawker)?

I might want to try out 3-way operation by coupling their universal replacement network with the extreme-slope network (for the woofer).

It looks like these will be pretty cheap to build.

Min
SDS-PAGE
KT88

Postby lth1 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:59 am

Try Critesspeakers.com, I have the crites Cornscala crossover and the alkeng crossover for my Cornwalls. Both are excellent, but Bob Crites are less expensive and accomplish the same thing.

Cordially,
Lee Hankins
lth1

Previous

Return to loudspeakers