Bozak Speakers

the weakest link we love so much

Bozak Speakers

Postby rockable » Fri May 23, 2008 5:16 pm

What is the opinion on the Bozak 301 series speakers? What is their approximate efficiency rating? Thanks.
rockable

Re: Bozak Speakers

Postby Slartibartfast » Tue May 27, 2008 4:29 pm

rockable wrote:What is the opinion on the Bozak 301 series speakers? What is their approximate efficiency rating? Thanks.

I assume "Bozak" is a dig at Bose. Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_03 If not, disregard anything I say. Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_09

I have a pair of Bose 301 speakers. I hooked them up to my ST-2A3 amp, with a CD player as a source for testing. They are my sacrificial speakers, but I digress. They are efficient enough that I can get a good sound level out of them. No one knows the rating (unless they have some test equip.) Bose does not post any useful info on their speakers.

One of mine developed a rattling tweeter not too long after they were purchased. So I would not recommend them to anyone.
Slartibartfast
KT88

Postby rockable » Tue May 27, 2008 4:43 pm

Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_04 Nope. There was a Bozak loudspeaker company long before there was a Bose. Check it out on Wikipedia. Rudy Bozak was one of the pioneers of high fidelity speakers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=011 Here are some Bozak 301's! Really !
rockable

Postby Slartibartfast » Tue May 27, 2008 5:44 pm

rockable wrote:Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_04 Nope. There was a Bozak loudspeaker company long before there was a Bose. Check it out on Wikipedia. Rudy Bozak was one of the pioneers of high fidelity speakers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=011 Here are some Bozak 301's! Really !

Well with only an hour to go, you can't go wrong at only $10-20.
Slartibartfast
KT88

Bozaks

Postby leadtower » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:10 pm

I bought a pair of Rhapsody's a while ago after seeing a picture of a pair of Urbans some one owns on this site. I just liked the way they looked. I changed out the crossover as per Pat Tobin and I listen to them exclusively now. They roll off the highs a bit and can sound tubby in a well-damped room; but they do play music better than most speakers i have heard and I've heard a lot. I use Shannons ST 70 and a AES pre-amp and now; I mostly don't think about equipment all that much anymore. It's well worth trying to get a listen to them. Let me say; you won't get better sound for the money; thats for sure.
leadtower

Postby rockable » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:25 pm

Is that the Pat Tobin of Porsche 356 fame?
rockable

Pat Tobin

Postby leadtower » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:08 pm

Not sure regarding his automotive hobbies. I found mention of him on the Bozak Yahoo group and contacted him for advice. A nicer; more accomodating guy you won't find anywhere; and he knows his Bozaks backwards and forwards. I believe he was with the company when Rudy ran things.
leadtower

Postby rockable » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:29 pm

Ok. There is a Pat Tobin who was a former 356 racer and writes tech articles for the 356 magazine. I think he was from the West Coast but I'm not sure. He is a very technical guy, so hi-fi and speakers wouldn't be out of the question.
rockable

Return to loudspeakers