Original Style Large Advents

the weakest link we love so much

Original Style Large Advents

Postby rockable » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:54 pm

Are there any fans out here? I bought a pair the other week that had bad tweeters but the guy had done a nice job of refoaming the woofers a couple years back. These were the vinyl clad cabs, not the wood veneer ones.

I put some used tweeters in it and changed the crossover resistors out to Solon's and hooked 'em up today. Shazam! Those are still good sounding speakers. Even my 16 year old son, bass player and music production major, thought they sounded great.

I'm building a vintage system to put in my shop and these were the first pieces. Next up is an upgraded ST-70 which should be on its way. I'm still shopping preamps and CD players.
rockable

Postby sprucemoose » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:04 pm

lots of advent fans out there. i have 2 pairs of OLA (original large advent) in walnut, one pair in the bedroom and one pair in the family room. i have three pairs of new large advents set up as doubles in custom enclosures as the front l/c/r speakers in my ht rig. when not cranking out movie soundtracks the l/r doubles are hooked up to a stock st70, pas, and a pair of turntables. they sound great!

also have a pair of baby II, /3 and /4, and an advent center channel.
sprucemoose

Return to loudspeakers