Stunning

the weakest link we love so much

Stunning

Postby leadtower » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:32 pm

I just have to say those are gorgeous; works of art. I think Bozak knew music; his speakers are really musical. I applaud that choice. Something about them; they do; IMHO, classical music better than any of the new audiophile speakers.
leadtower

Postby EWBrown » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:32 am

The third generation of Bozak family currently manufactures "specialty" antennas. I talked to him several years ago at a hamfest, and he confirmed that his grandfather and father were the speaker folks.

These speakers are sealed box, and the crossover design is very simple, they didn't fuss around with thrd order designs, zobel networks, etc...

On some of these, the speaker connections can be directly accessed for bi- (or tri-) amping.

It is interesting, that in their specifications, that they did not list the SPL sensitivity.

The 8-inch midrange is actually a full-range driver, in its own right. The tweets are 2" paper cones.

/ed B in NH
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Bozak

Postby leadtower » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:01 am

Yep; I had a pair Of W60D Wharfdales and I saved the 8" midrange for that very reason. Do you have any experience with the B302's by any chance?
leadtower

Return to loudspeakers