Drill Template

2nd harmonics for the masses

Drill Template

Postby jwhitmor » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:44 pm

I made a drill template for the Rev. 2 G.S.G. PC board. The .pdf file is below. I have found the .pdf file will print accurately from some viewers, but not others. The (free) "Scientific and Technical Documentation Viewer" software prints it accurately (on my setup). Make sure all scaling options are set to "full size". After printing, check that the outline dimensions are exactly 6.5" wide and 5.0 inches high. Compare the printout to your PC board from Shannon Parks. This worked perfectly for me, but it is supplied with no warranties, so don't start drilling until you are sure it is correct, for your setup. It is a component side view, so attach it to the underside of your top panel and center punch the holes. I used spray adhesive to attach the paper to the metal. Adhesive seems to be more accurate than taping the edges, but usually requires a solvent like "Goop-Off" to remove the residue. If you are using a pre-finished panel, tape may be your only option, because adhesives and solvents may damage the finish.
J.W.

GSG drill plan.pdf
(7.33 KiB) Downloaded 520 times
Last edited by jwhitmor on Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it is not making X-rays, your B+ is too low.
jwhitmor

Re: Drill Template

Postby Shannon Parks » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:48 am

Looks great!

jwhitmor wrote:It is a component side view, so attach it to the underside of your top panel and center punch the holes.

This is an important note, as the standoff screws for V1 and V2 will be incorrect if you attach this from the topside of your panel.

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Return to get*set*go