Transcendar-ized get*set*go

2nd harmonics for the masses

Transcendar-ized get*set*go

Postby TomMcNally » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:51 pm

I built this get*set*go this week. It uses Transcendar TT-311-OT outputs, Triode PA-774 power transformer, Hammond 156R choke. I'm listening to Led Zep 4 with the Budgie preamp, and a Micro-Trak phono preamp. I'll post some pics of the preamp when the sun is shining. I love the Boost function ... bass is superb. (banana)

More of my amps at http://tmamps.com
TomMcNally
Darling du Jour

Re: Transcendar-ized get*set*go

Postby whaler » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:30 am

That is really nice build Tom! I built the 300B version using the same Transcendars and could not be happier with the bass. You build a very clean amp in such a small package.
whaler

Postby Jeffytube » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:46 am

Hi Tom,

What are the tubes in the phono preamp? What type of phono EQ are available?

I have seen a few phono preamps, Fisher PR66, Shure M-65, Lafayette or the shiny chrome Japanese version, GE variable reactance UPx03, HealthKit WP4, Magus A2 (6dj8). They're all for MM cartridges. I'd like to see another octal phono stage option.

Thanks,

Jeff
Jeffytube

Postby TomMcNally » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:55 am

The Micro-Trak phono preamp I was using is a broadcast solid state unit. It's small and high quality, so I was messing around with it. Normally I use the Budgie MM, which uses 6DJ8's ... very nice sounding. Check it out here: http://www.diytube.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4709
TomMcNally
Darling du Jour

Return to get*set*go